Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mind wonders but it was just an idea at work today. would it even work out? it would make a nice 1050[:D]
any input from ppl that (actually know) would be nice thanks guys

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I wouldn't really know. But id guess.... Yes.[:D]

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
To make the 1050 with 700 twin jugs you have to use the polaris triple watercraft bottom end, put your Ultra electronics in it, then get one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-Billet-Triple-Head-1050-1200-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a8dc7e0a6QQitemZ320206266534QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And also a lot of other parts to make it all come together RIGHT, or with big bore cylinders you can have the 1200, people have been doing the watercraft based triples for a number of years now, they have proven to make some pretty impressive HP numbers and from what I have heard they are a pretty rock solid setup, of course once you spend the $$$ to make one come together, I thought about it a few years ago and started researching the costs and it was much more that what I though it would take to do it right.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
of course good fun costs alot of money..

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
on our fugi it would make a 1004 cc engine. that is what my 1000 is based off, i am using stock wiseco 98 700 pistons, custom wrist pin bearing to fit the large wrist pin in the smaller wrist pin bore. and then price performance cylinders. i will try to get some pics up in the next couple weeks.

if you go with the crap that htg sells its a lot more money than prices do it yourself kit but even if the price is the same. htg never answers there phone, if they do half the time you get some prick of a kid that wont tell you anything. as far as there 1000 kit they use custom made pistons so you can use stock wrist pin bearings. i have burned down a few pistons over the years, with a price kit i can drive to any polaris dealer or aftermarket store that has a piston in stock.
on pic is the pipes i built for the 1000, them are the 800 xcr cylinders not the new ones. price uses a one peice billet water cover, adds a lot of strength to the engine and looks killer. the other pic is what my bottom end will look like when i get it done.
20109247142346_1069.jpg
201092471453578_1069.jpg

oh, check out amsnow swap meet, lots of big hp for sale cheap there. for 6 grand or less you can find close to 300 hp on down.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
madcow said:
on our fugi it would make a 1004 cc engine. that is what my 1000 is based off, i am using stock wiseco 98 700 pistons, custom wrist pin bearing to fit the large wrist pin in the smaller wrist pin bore. and then price performance cylinders. i will try to get some pics up in the next couple weeks.

if you go with the crap that htg sells its a lot more money than prices do it yourself kit but even if the price is the same. htg never answers there phone, if they do half the time you get some prick of a kid that wont tell you anything. as far as there 1000 kit they use custom made pistons so you can use stock wrist pin bearings. i have burned down a few pistons over the years, with a price kit i can drive to any polaris dealer or aftermarket store that has a piston in stock.
on pic is the pipes i built for the 1000, them are the 800 xcr cylinders not the new ones. price uses a one peice billet water cover, adds a lot of strength to the engine and looks killer. the other pic is what my bottom end will look like when i get it done.
20109247142346_1069.jpg
201092471453578_1069.jpg

oh, check out amsnow swap meet, lots of big hp for sale cheap there. for 6 grand or less you can find close to 300 hp on down.
ok so i have an extra ultra block and i wanted to putts with it. but i can use 700 twin jugs and pistons? will i have to get custom wrist pins?

·
Registered
334 Posts
ULTRArmk said:
ok so i have an extra ultra block and i wanted to putts with it. but i can use 700 twin jugs and pistons? will i have to get custom wrist pins?
No you can't use 700 twin cylinders on that bottom end. There is not enough room for them to sit side by side. You would need aftermarket cylinders like Madcow is using.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts