Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after I got back from a ride today, I noticed that my left hand has an ache in it whenever I flex, have any of you guys experienced this before? I didn't noticew takeing any serios hits or yanks, but whenever I flex my hand it hurts, and I can feel the ache all the way up to my elbow. anybody have this before, or know what it's from?

not a big deal, and might not be related, but it's kinda weird

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I'm right handed, like, I used to have problems with my right arm from being on and off the throttle, but it's hard to explain that for the left hand, I'm not on the brakes to much either

·
Registered
246 Posts
With you being right handed it could be that your not used to gripping with that hand.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, that's probably it, all I really grip is writeing utensils and ratchets, I generally do most driveing with my right hand. ya, that's probably it, that also means it'll probably go away : )

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
It's probably just muscles that haven't been used aggressively in awhile.

Do you ever get tingling or numbness in your hand or wrist??? A possibility is Carpal tunnel syndrome. It's no laughing matter. Repetitive use of the fingers, hand, and wrist is one possible cause of this. In high school i played percussion in band, you know, drums and stuff. Our teacher made it very clear to us that we must warm up our hands and wrists, and flex and stretch them every day before practice because it can lead to Carpal tunnel. Playing drums for a couple hours sure makes your wrists and forearm sore.
Just thought i would mention this.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
you know what it might be, my fingers get messed up because some reason snowmobile gloves don't let me make a fist. I have trouble bending my fingers to really grip the grips and they get stressed being bent at like half a fist all the time. I don't remember how it hurts I just know it does. Am I the only one who has that problem?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try using the Warrior Glove from Reima. I have been using them for a couple of years now and there great.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Personally, my left hand got real sore the first half of last year because of how hard I had to squeeze the brakes to slow down. My chaincase leaked oil on my brake disk....

-Dean

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sled_dog might be on to something, I have to hold my left hand kinda funny to keep a finger on the brake lever. that might be what it is, I may have to invest in one of the adjustable ones.

allwell, we'll see if it goes away.

man, I'm just thinking back to the days of the 340 fan, when U didn't have to have a hand on the brake all the time, but jesus, those fenceposts come up alot faster than they used to man.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
just not used to riding i guess, i know that when i havent done something in a long time that is kinda agressive i will have pains in weird places, then u get used to it and thye go away.....lol....my first ride this year i will prolly be sore as hell cuz i havent rode in a long ass time it seems like

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I've been doing nothing but lazy stuff for the last month, first ride this year, I'm gonna hurt like crazy.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i work with plastic molding mchines and molds that can weight up to 9000 pounds and work with tools and stuff in really aawkward positions so my hands will be fine. But the carpal tunnel thing is no joke. i know ive had it and had surgery for it on my left hand and it hurt more after the surgery then before and it hurt constantly for about 6 months.so i say the surgery is a joke. my left hand was useless for about 4 months cuz i couldnt grab anything with it since they had to cut the tendons in the palm of my hand. it really sucked

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I know my problem is that I grip the bars really hard with just the palm of my hand. You know if you take like a marker and try and grip with just your palm not wrapping your fingers around it. After a little while that hurts, I have to start stopping on the trail and bending my figners to try and grip right. I should try motocross gloves but my hands iwll prolly freeze.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jeez, that's right, I do grip with just my palm and not my fingers, that's probably what's doin it

sorry to bring the old one back, but my hands where hurtin again today, and I wondered what ever became of this post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts