Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, excuse my last topic. I was hoping to get my explanation in before the topic got locked.

As most of you know, I've been trying to get a 440 race sled for a while now so I can ramp and race. Well, I started giving up on trading my sled for one. I then proceeded to list my sled as trade for ATV or 4x4 truck. A few bites here and there for nothing worth my while. Then, someone offered me a 2003 Polaris Predator 500 that wasn't in perfect shape, but not bad. Seemed like a good deal. As I thought about it, I realized a wheeler wasn't for me, but wait. It's spring here. People are looking to get 4-wheelers to trade for their sleds, not the other way around! I made some calls, and found a few people interested in trading. This one sled struck my interest. It was a 2006 Ski-Doo Rev 500ss. They wanted a sport quad 400cc+. I called them, and they said they'd get back to me. Keep in mind I do not have the 4-wheeler in my possession yet. He texts me at 6:30am today saying he wants to do it. 50 texts later, and a few phone calls, and the guy with the Predator was on his way down to meet me. He came to my house, and we gave each other a bill of sale and what-not. As he was pulling out we loaded the wheeler into the back of my moms truck, and were on our way. We met the guy about 35 minutes away at Cranmore Mountain. They have a big parking lot so he could try the 4-wheeler out and what-not. I lifted the back of the sled up and a friend revved it. I did a full inspection on this sled that had electric start, and reverse as well as 150psi a cylinder. Less miles on it than my Rev had and started much easier. Overall a nicer sled as well as having an SC-4 skid. He was psyched, as well as I was. Loaded the sled and brought it home with the bill of sale in hand. My plan is to sell it, and pick up a 440/800 mod that comes with a 440 motor as well. The way, if the whole racing thing doesnt work out, I can still ride with a sick sled.

So, long story short. I took a sled worth $2400 ( in reality, thats all I would have gotten for it ), and traded it for a sled that was worth $3400. No money involved.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvLRWFTEx1Y

SLEDCRUSHER CALLING TO TELL ABOUT HIS NEW SLED

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
thats a steal! wish i had that sled.

cmon guys give him a break! he is just excited to get a new sled as all of you would be.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me sean! I would love to start trading stuff like that.

Need to update the sig [thumb]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ive traded my way up to a car. its not that hard to do.

Nice sled man. i woulda kept the wheeler a few days and slung some mud with it :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
It's really hypocritical for everyone else who shows off their new toys to give Sean as much flack as they do.

Nice work you should be able to work a deal out for a 440 next fall.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Hysterical video.. That's not really him, right?
No. haha.

So, although this sled has been taken care of, it's never been actually polished. So, I plan on polishing it, taking the chain case apart and redoing anything that needs to be done. Clean the carbs. Take care of it until Brandon Wormell from Ice Coast Freestyle gets a new sled, then I'm getting a 440 and he's letting me come to his place and ramp!
201032782730219_27886.jpg
201032782758493_27886.jpg
201032782825694_27886.jpg
201032782846959_27886.jpg
201032782911218_27886.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
flatlander_summit said:
It's really hypocritical for everyone else who shows off their new toys to give Sean as much flack as they do.

When you start a whole thread out with "yes, I did it" and then tell people they need to guess before you tell them what "it" is you're going to catch crap for it.
It's one thing to put up a topic about your new toy but it's a whole other animal when you start playing games that people think are stupid> They will let you know what they think of it[thumb]

Either way Sean, nice trade and hopefully any future trades work out like you want them to.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
hahaha just had to give him a little bit of shi*. Btw. i really like the 500ss'. I'd really like to get one for next winter if I could.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took it for one rip around the yard to park it. Its got 21/43 gearing ( stock 440 gearing ), and even without studs it lifts them up all over the place. This will make someone a nice sled.

I wasnt trying to show off the new sled, as much as I was trying to show off how I went from an 03 straight to an 06 with no money.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Took it for one rip around the yard to park it. Its got 21/43 gearing ( stock 440 gearing ), and even without studs it lifts them up all over the place. This will make someone a nice sled.

I wasnt trying to show off the new sled, as much as I was trying to show off how I went from an 03 straight to an 06 with no money.
yeah thats a pretty good deal on your part. You should have NO trouble getting a 440 with that.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
thats a steal! wish i had that sled.

cmon guys give him a break! he is just excited to get a new sled as all of you would be.
OH OK...it was still a good spot to use the "Yaaaay" guy from crank yankers.

flatlander_summit said:

Not always, most who show new toys have full time jobs and BUDGETS. Not searching for "weekend tires" for muddin. This is me being nice about this too I need to add. He gets crap handed to him plain and simple. There's a couple in every class. Sean, it's a cool sled and I've talked to you about racing and all that. I hope you do good. Until you're 18 and living on your own, myself and others will be busting balls. Sorry, it's the nature of the beast and we're old with not much else to do LOL.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
From the looks it looks like a steal. 440's are very underrated around here when comes to how snappy they are when they are clutched right
So true. My friends 440 ( that he sold, and its on craigslist again. ) was insane. Me only being 120lbs its hard getting the skis off the ground on flat ground. Limiter strap set one setting from tightest, and some really good clutch work done to it, I could stand that thing right up on the bumper until I got nervous ( would start swaying back and forth and I didnt like that haha )

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ok so I haven't been around for quite a long time, like since you still had your old user name. So forgive me if I missed a bunch of important unimportant bash topics, but you HAD a 440 rev. And you said it wasn't for you. Not sure how many trades later this is, but why do you want one now? You had one and it wasn't your style or something. Nice sled BTW. The 500ss is a sweet sled, looks pretty clean.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts