Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys but i didn't make the final at the dome. unless you were there at 1, you didn't get to see me race. I was in 3rd but I tipped the sled in the 3rd corner and coulddn't get it started until about the 10 pull. I made it back to 6th place but was an inch or so from 5th. I think I could have hung with that sno-jet tho, he was in my heat and we were all nose to tail. I was tryin everything i could think of to pass him when I tipped. I will get to race at the metrodome tho, that should be pretty cool. They said at teh drivers meeting that about 30,000 tickets have been sold.

A few side notes, Chad Marsolek i think got a concussion during the first pro open qualifier. he was in the back acting pretty goofy and the emts were checkin him over. I didn't stick around for the races after teh vintage ran cause I was still pissed at myself and didn't feel like being there. I've been around racing and raced for 6 years, but its still cool to be down in the pits all day talking to guys like todd wolff, earl reimer, jim beck and others. I've race with todd on the x-country circuit a few times and he is probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Not much else happened down in the pits that i saw tho except for the yammi 4 stroke, and lookin at all the sleds and smellin the sweet two stroke smell.

oh and i didn't get any pics, though i should have, you probably would have liked them. And tucker wasn't there, and i don't know why? I wasn't able to figure that out. Aslo I found out a bit of interesting news about the indoor circuit, but I can't say yet until i know more or unless they release some info, but it is pretty big. If you know about Clear Channel and the Monster Truck circuit, you might be able to guess tho, Thats all i can say!

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Dang! I was waiting for ya to come out so I could take some pictures but you never came! I didn't know what happened to ya. So there must have been a lot of old sleds there. I wish they would have had some of the heats later that night. It would have made it a little longer and more interesting which would have been good.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'm guessing it's gonna be on tv since there were cameras there getting up close and personal. am i right? you can tell me if i'm right, right? :)

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya there was about 20 sleds there so we had to qualify. the really crappy part was that I spent about 100 hours on my sled getting it to look as good as possible and didn't make it but some of these guys that did make it barley pulled their sleds out of the cow barn and cleaned the chicken s**t off in time to make the race. plus all of these guys were either old or chicken cause they mostly rode like pansies, i think i could have wasted them.

About the info i found out it isn't about tv, although that might happen too. This is much bigger, it involves the future of indoor racing. If you know what Clear Channel just did with the monster truck racing, you will know what I'm talking about. I don't even watch that monster truck crap but I know what they did and if you know you will guess what they are thinking of doing with SuperSnowCross. They are the major sponsor and promoter of SSC you knnow! Keep Guessin tho!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'm not aware of what clear channel is. care to fill me in, and what they did with monster trucks?

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
dont they have like a whole series on TV w/ the monstertrucks? just comon and tell us....lol

There's always next year....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok Clear Channel is a huge entertainment company that own many many radio stations, somewhere like 200 or more. they also own a lot of tv stations. they are promoters of Supercross racing as you may have heard the big fuss over that. they promote the monter truck racing, and recently they bought out all of the monster trucks. Basically they now own every monster truck i.e. Team Mentz, grave digger, bulldozer, etc. They are teh same ones who did the show in Grand Forks recently. Anyways they now own the whole truck circuit along with every driver and every truck in that circuit. They tell them where to go and who races. can you see where i'm going with this? BUT this is ONLY a big rumor I heard circulating in the pits. It may or may not happen but there were a lot of clear channel people at fargo. I also heard that they may not come back to fargo and grand forks which will suck. they want to go to the bigger places like metrodome, silverdome ect. I don't know many big domes they can get to with cold weather tho.

Again this is only a rumor that was circulating but i heard it from a few people with connections and I think it is a possibility this may happen. can you imagine ......

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i dont know much about the monster trucks circut, but i dont think that that would work for sleds, clear channal would almost have to buy the franchise wouldnt u think? cuz the manufacturers arent in it just for the racing. maybe the separate ski doo teams like Amsoil etc.... but i dont that will happen. And for not coming back to fargo or GF, how many indoor stadiums are there where there is snow? not to many, and INDOOR SUPER SNOWCROSS, cant really have it out doors....i dunno...i dont htink it will happen...it might suck if it does tho...might be good.....

There's always next year....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts