Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need spare keys for my ZRT 600, should i go to a dealer. I know that True Value can't make them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wasnt AC keys all the same for a while? I know growing up with some friends had 95s, 98s and 00 AC sleds and any of those keys would work with each others sleds.Wouldnt hurt to try?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
KRSS144 said:
Wasnt AC keys all the same for a while? I know growing up with some friends had 95s, 98s and 00 AC sleds and any of those keys would work with each others sleds.Wouldnt hurt to try?
Concur

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Yes, Cat keys were the same through the 90's and early '00s it seems. You used to be able to purchase them in parts catalogs...Dennis Kirk, Hi-Perf, etc. You're dealer should also be able to get them I'd think.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Quinlan said:
Yes, Cat keys were the same through the 90's and early '00s it seems. You used to be able to purchase them in parts catalogs...Dennis Kirk, Hi-Perf, etc. You're dealer should also be able to get them I'd think.
Cat keys were the same through the 90's..but they all did'nt have just ONE key. I know that if you look at more modern models there is a 2 digit(one number then one letter 'Ex. 1F') on the ignition. I lost the key to my Firecat and if you can get a blank AC key from the dealer, a key cutter can cut it for you. I found it a hell of a lot easier to just buy the 20-35 dollar ignition which comes with 2 keys[thumb].

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
90's Cat's all used 1 of I believe 3 different key's.
Check the letter on your ignition, then go to a sled salvage yard, and get the matching key.
Should only cost you a couple of $.

Actually I have 2 "A" key's sitting here, if they match your ignition switch let Me know, and I'll send you one.
I think I also have a "B" key sitting in My tool box at work, but I'll have to check.

Rick

1,792 Posts
Festus33 said:
90's Cat's all used 1 of I believe 3 different key's.

Actually I have 2 "A" key's sitting here, if they match your ignition switch let Me know, and I'll send you one.
I think I also have a "B" key sitting in My tool box at work, but I'll have to check.

Rick

Yes, If you still have the plastic on the key you have, check the corner - you should have an 'A', 'B'.. up through maybe 'D' on one side. A is most common. Your dealer will have them in stock all pre-cut and cost you $5 - $8 (don't remember how much).

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The one I had at the shop, look's like an Aftermarket key.
It has no Arctic Cat logo on it, Just a big "K", and a part #01-118-23

Let Me know if any of these will help you out.

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts