Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 polaris supersport and a 2003 600 xcsp edge. right now i have b8es spark plugs in them. i was going to change them today b/c i got new plugs but i got bR8es. does the "r" matter in this case? is it a better plug?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
it shouldnt matter at all...all the r stands for is resistor or resistance. you should be fine with them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It does not matter in this case. As said, R stands for resistor. The resistor is there to help silence buzzing noise interference in some car audio systems and such. Go ahead and use them.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Some sleds have a sticker somewhere near the CDI box that says whether you should be using a "R" plug.

Although if you are running a B8ES plug in your XC 600 SP you have the wrong plug in there. By a fair bit. That sled has the same motor my '03 Pro X 600 did, which came with Champion RN57YCC plugs, the NGK equivilant being BPR9ES. I don't know what the "P" stands for, but on that conversion chart, that's the only NGK plug that switches up to the manufacturer recommended Champion plug.

What the fan is supposed to have, I have no idea.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have run 8's and 9's in my sled. No noticeable difference. Just watch your EGT's and watch for the correct plug color to be sure it is OK.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The only difference between the 8 and the 9 is the heat range of the plug. I believe the 8 is a slightly cooler plug, but I'm not positive. So Dont Quote Me on that!
But the number Definitly Relate's to the burn heat of the plug.
Rick

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
8's are hotter than 9's, the P is a protruded plug; the center electrode is longer than the regular BR9ES, therefore it sits down into the combustion chamber a little farther. Don't use P's unless the sled is designed for 'em...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by igadget56
[br]BPR9ES P is for premium platinum.
Wrong...It is for the Projected tip. I used them in my watercraft.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
igadget56, you might want to study this chart.

[attachment=52688]

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
[br]Boy when a guy makes a mistakearound here he really gets porked!
Don't have to many friends, do you guys!
Actually they are helping you understand what the letters and numbers mean and this way you won't give wrong advice to other people in the future.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Originally posted by BC_Dan
[br]8's are hotter than 9's, the P is a protruded plug; the center electrode is longer than the regular BR9ES, therefore it sits down into the combustion chamber a little farther. Don't use P's unless the sled is designed for 'em...
Yep that's why I said not to quote Me[:D]
I knew it went one way or the other, just was'nt sure which way [;)]
Rick

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by Festus33
[br]
Originally posted by BC_Dan
[br]8's are hotter than 9's, the P is a protruded plug; the center electrode is longer than the regular BR9ES, therefore it sits down into the combustion chamber a little farther. Don't use P's unless the sled is designed for 'em...
Yep that's why I said not to quote Me[:D]
I knew it went one way or the other, just was'nt sure which way [;)]
Rick
Champion and NGK go in opposite directions.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]
[br]Boy when a guy makes a mistakearound here he really gets porked!
Don't have to many friends, do you guys!
Actually they are helping you understand what the letters and numbers mean and this way you won't give wrong advice to other people in the future.
Yes exactly what P-man said.
Giving out wrong info is just one of my pet peeves.
I say if your not 100% sure on something, don't post.

Not in this case, but I have seen people give bad advice that could result in somebody doing it and wrecking something on their snowmobile.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Use the R plug. Not using the R can cause interference with TV and radio reception. While riding you may not care, but the people watching TV while you ride by there house will care. This undoubtedly contributes to a negative attitude toward snowmobiling in general and could cause trail closures. Don't be a jerk--Use the R plug.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts