Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Polaris says Champion RN3C- but I have always run the NGK BR9ES in my 94 XLT.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
BR8es and BR9es depending on how your motor likes either, the br8 burns hotter.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i run champion N2C and NGK BR9ES, im pretty sure its not the n3c but im not sure

·
Registered
197 Posts
The stock plug on your sled is Champion RN3C. The NGK equivalent to a Champion RN3C is a NGK BR8ES. Some will say the NGK plug is 'better' than the Champion plug, but I found in my 95 RXL would foul NGK plugs and it would run better with the stock Champion plugs and would not foul the Champion plugs.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by Racing666
[br]i hate champion plugs.. engines have a slight bog with champions, but with ngk it revs fine.
I think that depends on how your sled is jetted. I can't run NGK's in my sled or my dad's, because otherwise they will bog and hesitate. However, if I run Champions in the 83 Trail (which usually has NGK), it will bog. I have yet to find one type of plug that completely dominates another kind. Even though plugs cross reference, it doesn't mean that they are 100 percent identical. It just means that they are as close as the manufacturer has to the competitor's plug.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
My 2000 Triumph won't run worth a crap with the NGK's either. Had fouling problems with them until I switched to the Champs. Ran 2 seasons on my last set of Champs with no problems

Currently use the NGK's in my '93 Xlt though.
May try the Champs in it. Biggest thing i don't like about the NGK's is they are overpriced.
I can buy 2 Champs for the price of 1 NGK.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I was always told, champions for 4 stroke, ngk for 2 stroke. I have made a big mistake all these years by running br9, when from all the info on this site, I should have been running 8's. I usually by a few cases a year of NGK. That runs around 14.00 for 10. My Rxl, was terrible no matter which plug. I bought the champion V style, what a waste of $$ that was. I dont quite get it though, I can never run champs, yet someof you have great luck with them. and Vice Versa for others. What are you guys running in the mountains?

·
Registered
126 Posts
i ran br 8 in my triple it fouled less often and seemed 2 run alittle better, but if u just increase the gap by .05 that makes a difference

1 - 13 of 13 Posts