Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... im having trouble getting my AC Ext 580 started. First i checked everything to make sure it was good enough to run (oil, gas, etc. etc.) sure enough everything was good to go but, i wanted to make sure the spark plugs were ok bc i have had this problem b4. i took the plug out and reconnected it to the wire that gives it some spark ya know what i mean? then i had my dad hold it and i pull started it a few times to see if we were gettin any spark and sure enough we werent.
does anyone have any ideas that could help me? bc i cant get it on the trailer to go the arctic cat shop[}:)]

thanks

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
try a new pair of plugs. but it could be a number of things. check the easy spots first all electrical connections, make sure kill switch is working properly. check those things out and let us know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope...i tried some spare plugs and no go. kill switch is working fine, and connections seem to be ok. dunno what else to do:S if anyone has any other suggestions im all ears!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Put a screw driver in the plug wire, and have someone hold the screwdriver near a ground (head) and crank it over.. If you have no spark then.. it could be your coils.. But if you have spark.. it is your plugs.. now when you said spare plugs! are they used? because used plugs being banged around in a tool box , is no good.. Just a thought and line of trouble shooting?

·
Registered
623 Posts
no put the plugs in the wire and lay plugs on the head and pull it slowly and dont start a fire and its the best test, gotta also have right plug just a tip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts