Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am having a problem with a 94 EXT 580 carb. It has sat for two winters and I went to go and start it and it was seized. No problem, I got out the ol' WD-40 let it soak and spun the fly wheel and we got it spinning freely. Now the main problem is that when the cord is pulled the head light will start to light up but there is no spark from the new plugs. I am sort of new at this but like trying things myself so thanks in advance for the help. Oh yea, off topic, anyone know where I can download a repair manual for this sled for free???

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well i would check to make sure your kill swith and your ignition switch are functionion properly. If it sat outside there is a good chance that one of the switches is corroded. Also check for any wires that a mouse or rodent may have chewed on. Then you should check your throttle safety switch to be sure thats functioning properly. Thats a good place to start, if these check out ok, then we can go further.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it was seized that you couldn't turn it over you are likely in for some trouble when you get it going .Try some short trips where you can recover with a trailer easily . My motor blew after 50 miles I bought it used .I blame poor storage .I don't want to scare you just caution use extra oil at first as well.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Are the plugs grounded when you are checking for spark? That means are you holding the side of the plug against something metal when you turn it over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts