Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knew of a website that I can go to to check out specs on 1998 and 1999 Arctic Cats. The Arctic cat website only goes back to 2001. I am thinking of buying a 1998 ZL500 and wanted to know what they have to offer. Or if anyone owns one, could you let me know how they are.

Thanks
Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact machine. I love it. Stock I could always beat my Polaris and Skidoo buddies. On the trails, I can still take them with their new heavy 800's. On the lakes they obviously obliterate me. The one thing about it for long rides though it fuel consumption. It's a pig. I can get about 90 miles out of it while my buddies were pushing well over 100 with their other machines. What type of specs are you looking for? I can dig them up for you.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I had one for a week, a guy lent it to me, I find they reall like gas, but I am the person who with one of my friends, we each had 250 Yamaha Bravo's (this was 3 years ago) and we both went through 45 gallons of gas each on the March Brake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks sledheadwanabe,

Basicly I was looking for the rear suspension, and how it rides. I am looking for my girlfriend, who hates the bumps. Is it a backbreaking sled or is there comfort to it? It is also great to know about the gas milege. Bye the way how fast does it go?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
It's very smooth riding, it will do about 100 MPH if not a little more, and I find it loves the gas.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Depending on the condition $1835.00 trade in value (good condition) to $2720.00 retail, I got this from a snowmobile blue book I think that's in US Funds, Canadian Funds a mint condition sled like that I would probably pay $4500.00, to $5000.00. The second one isn't from a blue book.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep. You can get it up to 100mph. The ride is nice and the suspension settings can soften it up. It's no where near as stiff as a ZR. Price though, I only paid $5000 for it in 1998 with 100 miles on it. I'm not up on my pricing but I'd think I'm thinking today it would be around $3000-$3500. I'm not sure what reverse is worth.

·
Registered
59 Posts
These sleds have been going for pretty resonable prices, however you are now getting into the heart of the sled season and folks will be asking a little more for sleds. I picked up a 00 ZR500EFI with 800 miles on it and was the first machine that this women had. You could tell it was taken care of and was driven easy. I bought it in late October for $2900 US. This included the cover and soft hood cover.
Keep your eyes open. Don't know if you care for e-bay, but if a sled is listed in your area you should take a look at it. They have been going quite resonable. Check pricing in NADA bluebook site.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dang I am sure behind on my sleds. because when you said specs on older sleds i wsas thinking 80-95 and 90 is The newest i have. haha i feel poor and stupid but hey i make do with what i got. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts