Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no problem with people that want to have a little fun in the trails and hammer down ,, cause personaly i love to ride fast sometimes in the trails ,,,,,,,, but that doesn't mean i'm stupid about it.
This week-end i had the girlfriend on the back and we were enjoying the day when some dumb ass with a Polaris Edge 800 came flying into a corner and almost hit us head on.
I mean if your gona speed in the trails ,, at least be smart enough to slow it down in the corners ,,,,,,,you don't know what's around there ,,,,,could be some guy broken down or a older person just riding and watching the scean ,,,,,,,
IF your gona ride fast,, be smart about it ,, cause if he would of hit me and my girl would of got hurt ,,,,,,,well it wouldn't of been pretty ,, let me tell you that.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
At the begining of the season, I had a group passing my dad and I in a windy trail, that was one of the bupiest I have ever seen and they were doing like 50 mph... You might say thats not fast, but on a tight trail with a sparp concer, and huge ruts...

And some were doing 2 up, on formulaIII's

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man that is looking for trouble , 50mph isn't fast on a lake ,but in the trails ,, that is WAY more then fast enough, Specially when your 2 up.
Even for those with the double carbide runners , if your coming in to fast in the corners ,,,you'll eventually loose it sometime and that's when there will be another sled in the oncoming direction. SLow down in the corners ,,that's all we ask

·
Registered
31 Posts
In December I was going around a corner going back to the cabin for a break around dusk when around a tight thin turn a Polaris 800 Pro-x came screaming around the corner....him and I tapped skis, I hope he learned enough from that to slow down and hopefully didn't learn the very hard way.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The last time I rode in Northern Wisconsin I had the crap scared out of me about a half dozen times from people coming the other way driving a lot faster then they should. In MN. the speed limit is 50 mph and IMO that is fast enough. Out on the lakes it should be opened up to any safe speed. Riley

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
If you take each corner as if there is a 12 foot wide trail groomer coming at you down the trail...you should be OK.

Anybody ever hook skis with an oncoming sled?.?.?.good way to meet ppl....but it tends to leave a mark.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't really care how fast people go, or how aggressive they ride, after all it’s their own life.. As long as they stay on the proper side of the trail.!! Another thing that bothers me is people and there hand signals.. I mean thanks for letting me know there is people behind you and what not.. But, if you can't control your sled when you take your hand off the bars, just leave it there.. it's safer for everyone.. I can't count how many times people go to hand signal, then swerve right at the ditch, or me..

Heh, and that’s my rant...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah 650Indy i agree with you totaly ,, but if your coming into that corner to fast ,like it or not chances are, your gona be somewhat on the other side of the trail, EVEN if your intention was to stay on your side.
Some idots don't even respect that their runners are FINISHED and speed in the trails ,,, just takes a second for a mishap to happen

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry Acadian.. I wasn't directly replying to your specific incident.. rather just posting a rant.. I don't disagree for a second that the guy that almost hit was out of line..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah ok , my bad as well ,, no problem 650indy,, i knew you were just puting your point out there, like me , i have NO problems with guys wanting to have fun and hammering down on the throttle ,, you just have to have half a brain working to know you gota slow down in those corners ,,,,,,, But like 500FasEnuf said ,, if you rode like as if there could be a 12 foot wide groomer coming into that next corner ,,then i'm sure more then 50% of our snowmobiling accidents would disapear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts