Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the non posted day time speed limits for the following states... wisconsin, illinios,minnesota,and michegan.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
MN is 50mph all the time.....no exceptions

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
^^^^ i thought it was only 40 at night? could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
477 Posts
but in mn if you are rding in the dich of a road that has a speed limit less than 50 you have to follow it.[:(!]

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've never had to deal with speed limits. Do the imposted limits effect everywhere that you could theoretically ride within a given state? What about your own property?

If so that sucks[B)]

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
mn is 50 oops lol [:D] i went that fast in my little yard today

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by crossfire7pro
[br]
Originally posted by matcin2531
[br]I think its 55 in Michigan
I know its 55 on the lakes in Michigan-DNR told me [:0]
Is this new? I've never heard of this.
I dont know how new it is but he said the speed limit was the same for boats in summer as for sleds in winter as he handed me the ticket in 2005

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by matcin2531
[br]I think its 55 in Michigan
I know its 55 on the lakes in Michigan-DNR told me [:0]
Really? That sucks?

In ME, you just have to keep in control. I've pinned it on trails and just accelerated. The trails that are as wide as 4 lane highway, and 2 miles long. And lakes, no speedlimit. Just watch for others so you don't hit them.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wisconsin has a 55 mph night time speed limit and if you are riding on a section of trail that goes down a public road you have to obey the posted speed limit for that road.
Its funny, some people here in Wisconsin think they've got it bad with the 55 mph nighttime speed limit. We've got it good compared to Minnesota!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts