Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some runs in the hayward area. preferably ice track 1,000 foot. heard nelson lake landing might have one toward the end of jan and then again in feb. any down by rice lake or shell lake anyone knows of??

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just found out nelson lake landing is puttin on a radar run there off hwy 27 north on the 15th of jan. was at this one last year, was a good time. nice little layed back run. good place to do some testing. they had a jet heater last year to melt and smooth the ice. was a pretty good ice track.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hayward? was this a big run with the shaved track and record keeping?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
madcow said:
hayward? was this a big run with the shaved track and record keeping?
hayward used to have the "winterfest" that your thinking of. was a shaved and zambonied track.
no, the one at nelson lake landing is a fun run put on by the the landing. trouphies for 1st and 2nd place in all classes. i beleive there is some geech ($$) up for top speed. check the nelson lake landing website and give them a call. they actually plow the track and then melt it smooth with a jet dryer rig they have. actually not a bad track.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bedwet said:
just checked the website, posted dec 29 the speed runs have been postponed due tue bad ice condition
thanks for the info. i guess i can quit pushing madcow on building of the new race motor by then.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looking for any from ashland to eau claire. minn border to phillips. somebody got to be putting on some runs. even some backyard runs. got some new equipment and want to "play" on the ice.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rush Lake speed runs this weekend (Rush City ,MN) Feb 5, not that far. Good time, trophies 1,2,3 and drawings for gifts for racers that place.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bedwet said:
i think there is a radar run in luck on the 12th
any more info on this?? as of now i think we may be runnning over to minouqua cruiserfest that weekend unless we can find something closer.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
saturday the 12th luck wi, on the lake at the boat ramp. put on by the local club. 1,000 plowed ice. sounds like a fun time. anyone else gonna be there look me up. will be the sleds with "fun shop racing" on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts