Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speed run at Hackensack,MN on Jan 20 and Knife Lake,Mora,MN Jan 21.
Should be some fast sled at each.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I would go to the mora one even if I didnt have a sled. 27 degrees and should be some good sleds.

al did you hear from rick s. or buck fifty if they are comeing up? I might stop in at ricks on weds. for a little bs session.

I moved up to improved stock so I will be lucky to be in fourth or fifth place. but a pump gas sled with a 250 lb driver and no warm up stand getting even close to the other sleds is good in my book.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably stop up there to check it out. We'll see. Riley is thinking about going also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick is trying to get ready. Buck Fifty has an engine in pieces waiting ofr a rotary shaft. Hey think positive, if don't try, you will never win....There are usually stands at the line you can borrow.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
oh no i have a stand. I might use it in fact I probably should use it. I might need everything I can to make consistant runs.

I finally learned something that I had been telling others. gear tall for speed. so I always geared a little over what I wanted to get. basically i had been trying to get over 90% through the clutches. after looking back in my notes over the years and talking to a lot of other racers. I am way under geared. that might explain the "glass cieling" I would keep hitting. I would go up one tooth and gain a little bit of speed with some tunning. but I never attributed the speed to gearing. but everytime I went up in gear I eventually went up in speed. I dont know how i didnt see this sooner.
I am going to try a 1.44 ratio this weekend and see what happens. I took out 48 pics since with my wieght on the seat traction will be more than enough. I might take out another 48 after this weekend.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a lot of guys heading up to Hackensack. Many are planning to head to Mora Sunday.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I hope rick, dan and chris get the big sleds there. it is a lot more fun to see big sleds go than a bunch of stock/ improved stock sleds.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thats funny, not so much ha ha but in how true and expensive it can be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a feeling Knife lake will be packed because rush was cancelled so this will be the first local run I hope parking will not be a issue because they are not letting anybody park on the lake.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
first come first serve for parking. lol I am leaving pine city around 8 am. if not a little sooner.
they have plenty of ice on the parking lot that pic sleds can drive to and from trailer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts