Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
On the speedo, yes, you may see 105 mph. In reality, you're probably doing 95-100mph tops. Speedo's are notorious for being off.

Also, coming from the owner of one, I will tell you, they are not an overly fast sled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 98 ZR600 EFI, and I know that the speedo is off, but when it was running the speedo was closer to 110. That was with less than 1/4 tank. When it is on a full tank I have a hard time getting the speedo to hit 100. Now, 25 is about it. I'm tell you what it sucks when the kitty cats are passing you on the trail.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Those sleds will do about 95-100 mph depending on the conditions.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
110-115? On the dreamometer, or radar? LMAO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by andrewthefreerider
[br]my 600 carb goes around 110-115 i believe you can go that fast with efi. On the other hand, my dads 600 efi saber goes only 95, could efi have a problem on top end?
stop believing your speedo. you need serious engine/pipe mods to even come close to 110.
also no topend disparity b/t carb vs. efi assuming both are set up well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
oh im sorry if you want evidence, i ran against a polaris 600 trip, and a rx1 with a digital gauge, they both read me at 110.

[red]Edit: No need for name calling...
-Quinlan[/red]

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
2002 ZR 600...110mph...no way. My buddy had one identical, only EFI. My '98 will see 95-100mph on the dreamometer on a good day, and his wasn't much faster (as mine has aftermarket parts). Your speedo may say 110, but it isn't overly accurate.

I'd have to read it on a radar to believe it...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
My friend has a ZR 600 efi, not sure on the year, with a fresh motor on ice he got 102mph on radar.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I hope you know that listening to a guy with a yamaha and polaris for speed readings is the worst thing you can do. Polaris' are off by 5mph and yamahas are off by 10-15mph. So you were doing 95-100mph tops.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can tell a huge differance in mine just by the amout of gas in it. Full tank on the speedo is 15mph differant than 1/8 of a tank. Try it, just don't run out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
digital,,,not digital,,,,and just the other day i had it on my dads 600efi saber and i was going well over a hundred....there boys if you werent impressed with the yamaha digital, and the polaris analog, now i have an artic digital, what do you want me to do now skidoo too?

·
Registered
101 Posts
speedo's are off, whether they are analog or digital doesn't matter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 98 zr600 did 87 in 600' 2 years ago at the St Germain radar run
glare ice could have done more with some traction or more distance
I believe the speedos are way off but also that a good sled is alot!! faster than a well setup BAD sled!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts