Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin at a polaris super sport 550, n e body got one or know how they perform, speed, acceleration, etc...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Everyone but me will say it's too slow.If it's a 2002 on the edge chassis, I think they're great.The liquids will be faster in the powder.

Dude, don't freak out.

Edited by - steve on 27 Feb 2002 13:56:42

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
it all depends on how old you are "polaris" personaly i think the super sport is a kids sled. Aslo the super sport is a fan. The edge is great but with the super sport dosent come with fox shox. So that makes a diffrence to.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by steve:

Everone but me will say it's too slow.If it's a 2002 on the edge chassis, I think they're great.The liquids will be faster in the powder.

Dude, don't freak out.[/quote]

I won't say it's too slow. I hate it when ppl think they have to go 150 mph on a sled. Most of my trail riding is done around 70 to 80 mph, rarely going faster than that. My machine goes 95, which is fast enough for me. Plus it gets there pretty quick too.

I'd rather have a small cc, light handling sled.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Its not too slow but fans just don't have the acceleration I need. And please don't say well your pro x does just ride it. If I lined up next to you on pretty much any 500 liquid I could take it in a drag race. Not trying to be mean but for me thats the way it is. I raelly wanted a Pro-X fan for a while but then I got out riding again and saw how things were when I rode a big fast sled with all the guys I ride with and really saw a 440 Fan wouldn't cut it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i was looking into one as well, they are very good trail sleds, but they are gutless. i have a 95 ss and its great for trails but cant keep up for nothn on straights, so if your a trail rider youd absoluetly love it. i promise

accleration should be moderate, performance sucks but they can run alot better in warmer weather obviously, top end is like 70 if you weigh a bit or if your a feather maybe 75-80 i have talked to a lot of people about them

Edited by - confusedguy on February 22 2002 9:04:47 PM

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hey confused guy are you talking about the super sport will run better in warm weather because its a fan an fans run way better in col wather. zero degrees is a goo temp for fans

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ushually (not this winter) in the spring when it is warm there is still lots of snow left and i kno wi would rather have a liquid in warm weather than a fan. I mean it dosent take much snow to keep a sled cool. Look at ic oval racers all they have is studs and that keeps the sled cool.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Once again I will say, you probably don't want a sled that does 80mph if thats how fast u like to go on trials, because if you have a bigger sled that u only have to squeeze half throttle to go that fast it isn't so hard on the engine!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh and I belive XC700GUY is right that fans perform a lot better in cold weather, and liquids will do better than a fan in warm weather!! But both do very good in cold weather, thats the ideal conditions for a snowmobile!

·
Registered
529 Posts
The only good thing I can say about a fan cooled sled is that they are easier on the gas and oil bill! I would rather buy an older liquid than a new fan.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
586 Posts
whatever

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If I had more money you can bet your ass I'd buy a 600 liquid, but seing as how I've had to buy everything I own with my hard earned money, that fan is the best I could do.Maybe all your dads could pitch in and buy me a real sled.

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
586 Posts
sorry, I shouldn't have said that.But it urks me when people assume everyone has the budget for a big fast liquid, then talk down on people who have to settle for a kid's sled because that's the best they can afford.I love my fan sled and I don't give a shit what you guys think about it.

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by steve:

sorry, I shouldn't have said that.But it urks me when people assume everyone has the budget for a big fast liquid, then talk down on people who have to settle for a kid's sled because that's the best they can afford.I love my fan sled and I don't give a shit what you guys think about it.

Dude, don't freak out.[/quote]

That's the attitude. I agree with this 100% People who get their stuff given to them take it for granted, then rub it in to people that "don't have as good a sled as me" but they don't actually have to work for it.

I buy all my stuff myself, and sure my sled is a 1998 machine, but it's mine, I didn't need it given to me, and I think I appreciate it more, cuz if it breaks, I'm the one fixing, not crying to daddy to cough up the dough for fixing my sled.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I work some were from 45 to 50 hours a week to pay for my own toys. I still owe $2000 on my sled yet and it won't be payed off till Feb of 2003 and to top it off I now owe the bank another $6000 for the car I just bought. I thought this forum is supposed to be for people to give their opinion to help out others that are stuck with a problem. As of late the comments that are being made on hear are starting to really piss me off. So Steve to qoute yourself "Dude, don't freak out".

'00' 500 XC SP

1 - 20 of 93 Posts