Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in wisconsin and i heard that the speed limet at night was gone???? does any one know anything about this???

·
Registered
586 Posts
speed limit?I guess there IS an advantage to not having any big state trails around here!My only speed limit is when my throttle is mashed to the handlegrip and that's all she's got and there ain't no more!Or when you wad it into the trees, that really limits your speed!hehehe

Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah i heard that the speed limit in wisconsin is gone it used to be 35mph after sunset but noone ever followed it except the DNR i guess it could be both a bad thing and a good thing. I ususlly only go 60 or on the lake at night after ive ridden it all day. otherwise i take it easy.

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
speed limits? we always obey those........ As the dealer we were said when the Yamaha rep talked about Vipers only overheating for ppl who ran 100 MPHs all the time, what this guy he always obeys the speed limit(refering to my dad). I guess if you consider multiples of the limit "obeying" sure. It is 20 MPH at all times in Old Forge New York. Some trails I think it is like 35. Try doing 20 MPH on perfect roads. I feel like I am barely moving. my god I am rambling a lot lately.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
20 mph speed limit? I would fall off from boredom! Anyway, i guess i never really look at my speedo. It can be hard to read, so i just keep my eyes on the trail. I just ride at any speed i feel is appropriate for the conditions. But, if i ever travel out of state snowmobiling, then i watch my speed. Especially in town. Just my opinion.

I have not heard a thing about wisconsin's laws.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The Vipers speedo is nice. The way it is designed there is like nothing around it so you can easily and quickly see it. I still rarely look at a speedo though. ANd yes when we get stuck behind like 2 up cruisers doing the speed limit my god I Almost fall off from boredom.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bobinwi:
yeah i heard that the speed limit in wisconsin is gone it used to be 35mph after sunset but noone ever followed it except the DNR

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her
[/quote]

It was only 35!!! i heard it was 50 oops! i only had to avoid a DNR once any way.

·
Registered
586 Posts
How could they expect anyone to obey limits of 20-35mph!Unless like you said your going through a town.That would take the fun right out of it in my opinion.Do they actually enforce that?

Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It was 50 mph at night last season (00-01). It was a temporary thing to see if it would help save lives. For the most part the people who were killed on their sleds were under the influence. I know two people who got nailed by the DNR and the ticket was like $120.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by jbjbjb4:
It was 50 mph at night last season (00-01). It was a temporary thing to see if it would help save lives.

'00' 500 XC SP
[/quote]

So is it over with????

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yes it was not in effect this season. While it was in effect you could still go as fast as you wanted during the day. My personal opinion is that they did it to be able to stop people for dinking. Where I usually ride people go out for the day bar hopping mostly. There are serious riders that go out to enjoy the trail but you see more sleds at the bars than on the trails. I love to go out and ride all day and then go to the bar after we are do for the day.

'00' 500 XC SP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts