Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive known they changed the speed durin the day in minnesota for awhile now...but now that im startin to get back on here.....id thought i would post it....for those who dont know....they changed the speed limit in minnesota to 65 durin the day....and 55 durin the night! Now i can legally pass cars on the highway durin the day haha......Just thought id pass it on to those who dont know!!

ARTIC CAT......MY WAY TO PLAY

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Man, I'm glad we don't have any speed limits in Maine........yet at least. The rule here states that you aren't suppose to ride any faster that what is prudent for the location and conditions your riding in.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I think that he meant the speed limits on the highways........
or did you mean on the trails?

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The day that the RCMP start running radar on the trails and lakes is the day I sell my sled.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Where I ride(Old Forge NY) the limit on the roads in 15 or 25 I forget all I know is I have to really try to go that slow, and on the trails I don't know what the limit is. Lets just say we do 25 on the roads just fine except we only do it for about a split second on our way to 65 :).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think that its for both period.......when i heard it...it was on the news...and they just said that they raised it to 65

ARTIC CAT.....my way to play

·
Registered
322 Posts
Pretty sure in Michigan there are no limits at all...but I'm not sure.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I am always impressed with the riders around here, there is the odd maniac with a death wish, but most are great, using hand signals, a little wave as you pass someone, sensible speeds on the trails, and always willing to help a guy out.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I hear ya man. I like to mess around in the ditch, and i bury my sled once in awhile in the snow just like many of you. Of course i'm always alone. It sure feels good when a passing rider, or a car, stops to give you a hand. I always return the favor to help others as well.

So is the speed limit REALLY up to 65 mph on the snowmobile trails in daylight? It matters to me, because last year i started to see the first Sheriff's on snowmobiles in my area.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yah i know what u mean....i just happen to have the DNR guy live like a block down....and i watched him go bout 85-90 catchin up to a guy....and then he hit a drift and like flew it was sweet....but not so sweet for the guy he caught haha.....so....yah...it is 65

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ya, i was riding ditches last year in one of the lil storms we got, bout 4 inches of fluffy stuff and big wind so all snow blew in the ditches, got stuck, and i had 2 cars stop and ask if i needed help.....i turned em down cuz they had shoes and jeans on and a lil coat. i was by myself too...i was just bout out neway so it wasnt so bad.....lol

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
In ontario on the trails, the speed is 50 km/h unless posted otherwise. Which isn't bad cause most of the trails are all turns. On the roads - if the road speed is 50 or under, sled speed is 20 km/h, and road 80+, sleds 50km/h....

I think I got that right...

Oh and lakes are WOT! Lots of lakes in our area...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ZR580EFI sorry to tell you but it's not true about the speed limit changing. I just got a email back from the DNR and they said it is still 50 mph on public land and water ways. So don't get too excited. Riley

good day

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yah well...it was definately on tv and i have friends that have seen the same news too....so.......i dont think u are talkin to the right dnr or something....u sure ur in minn??

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I don't know...I am kinda doubting that it is true also. I haven't seen anything regaurding this. You think you would see somthing if it were true. I guess we will have to wait and see but really, who goes the speed limit anyways?

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
not I....lol

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
def not me either......i have the dnr on a schedule.....i know where he goes and at what time.....he is predictable so......i THINK i have nothing to worry about....think

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm glad i live up here in BC, no speed limits for snowmobiles and no one to enforce them if there were speed limits. WOT all the time. The only problem for my area is we have no groomer for the trails up to the mountains, but thats less than 15km of 4' bumps, thens its all virgin powder :) (except once last year, didn't get 15 km away from the staging area cause of 7' of fresh powder)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've always wanted to ride in the mtns. Hopefully some day.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts