Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the post of them speedo pics last spring how many people are thinking i want to try that or he did 90mph i can do 95??? i know i want to try it. but the wife would burn my sled if the camera got broke.lol

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
put theback of ur sled up on a stand, rev it up, get the track spinning, nice speedo pic w/o takin a camera on a sled doin 90...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
haha.....id unno.....to say ur sled's track will spin 110 mph??

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
A drill on the end of the speedo cable will do the trick too, :) hahaha,
you won't even use a drop of gas that way.

BTW
Last winter there was a guy around here that had his sled proped up and going full tilt when it fell and blasted through the guys garage door and hit
2 kids........the kids were OK though, but it could have been bad.

I know I don't do that anymore with just a 2x4 under the bumper.

Ride to ride again.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't like reving the engine to piss like that. Last winter we were working on the Viper and had it up on the stand, started it up and wanted to spin the track. Started gassing it and the track didn't move. My dad and I looked at each other like oh crap what now. Hit it a little hard and the front end of the sled lifted up! Turns out the track was resting on the one crossmember of the lift cause we didn't have the lift far forward enough. Almost launche that viper right off the lift. That would have sucked.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOO.......that might have broken the windsheild.
hahaha.
Those yammies aren't built for a backwards, track up swan dive onto the concrete.
Would have made a million dollar "Funniest Home Video" though.

Ride to ride again.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Like the guy I saw on there once who hit a jump at like 80 mph on his Phazer. He just wanted to clear a 2 lane road. He could have cleared like 3. He landed and his rear skid just crumbled. Everyone was laughing I was like OMG! That sucks, poor guy.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
that happend to my cousins buddy last winter.. following someone who didnt have tailights (smart move) and didnt see them all turn and cleared a 2 lane road and a car..! and bent the chassis all up

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Ooooh, that bites! I hate it when i can't see lights. One time it was dark out and a guy rolled his sled over by accident on a fluffy path and then I came flying right in his tracks, and WAM! I hit the brakes, and slid sideways right into his skis ( the sled was upside down so the lights were off! ) and i flew off the sled. No injurys, but i was like "WTF was that!" Wrecked my hood and stuff. All is good though.

But anyway, do you guys want to see a speedo pic of mine? As soon as the snow flies I'll borrow a digital cam and go do it the real way...riding it! Do you want to see top speed or ....what would look cool? Maybe i'll try it while going off a jump......lol!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Originally posted by 500fasEnuf
[br]A drill on the end of the speedo cable will do the trick too, :) hahaha,
you won't even use a drop of gas that way.
good idea but you cant get very good speeds. Plus the tach wouldnt be going [:(] Anyways back to that idea. When we were testing my dads speedo to troubleshoot why it didnt work, we had our electric drill spinning it, and at full bore we could only get like 45 mph. Imagine how fast that driveshaft gets spinning!!! Eek. Plus make sure you spin it in reverse lol.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Originally posted by daktruckie99
[br]
Originally posted by ArcticcatkidZR600
[br]is this topic old enough? ha ha ha
oh man I didnt even see, I usually notice something like that...
HAHAHA...he gotcha[;)][;)][;)]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts