Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a suspicision that my Stator is going.....but i'm new to this so i'm hoping i'm wrong. i just replaced my Voltage Regulator. My previous problem was that the lights would turn dim and the tacho would turn off, performance of the sled was fine. I Changed the VR and it works without a proble. now my speedo keeps turning on and off. i have a digital tach and a needle, so when i'm looing at the guage on RPM digital, the speed shows up on the needle and if its on speed digital, the needle shows RPM,s . However if i'm looking at MPH on digital it will show 0 and every now and then pop back on, if i have the RPM's on the digital the needle for MHP is at 0. So my questions, who has an idea of what is up with that?

·
Registered
195 Posts
scoffta said:
i have a suspicision that my Stator is going.....but i'm new to this so i'm hoping i'm wrong. i just replaced my Voltage Regulator. My previous problem was that the lights would turn dim and the tacho would turn off, performance of the sled was fine. I Changed the VR and it works without a proble. now my speedo keeps turning on and off. i have a digital tach and a needle, so when i'm looing at the guage on RPM digital, the speed shows up on the needle and if its on speed digital, the needle shows RPM,s . However if i'm looking at MPH on digital it will show 0 and every now and then pop back on, if i have the RPM's on the digital the needle for MHP is at 0. So my questions, who has an idea of what is up with that?
it would help us to tell us the year, make and model

thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
does the digi speedo still run a cable to the lower shaft? Maybe the bearing is goin out?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
trailjunkie said:
does the digi speedo still run a cable to the lower shaft? Maybe the bearing is goin out?
Happened to my '02 zr800 this year, check it out, only 3 bolts holding it on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cable runs down to a clip,to the sensor on the diamond drive, maybe the sensor needs to be changed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts