Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my sled to the shop and had a new track put on, I had just pre-seasoned the sled and waxed it all up. While the sled came back with a good size spider crack with scratches on the left side along with bump nose plastic clip stick out and minor scratches on the tunnel. I called the dealer today about this and they said the sled was in a accident before " wrong " the sled was not in a accident. I asked why the clip on the nose cone was out no answer. They said there's nothing they can do, I like the dropped it of the forklift I am going to call my insurance to see if I can go thru their insurance for property damage. Any suggestion

·
Registered
837 Posts
so what your saying is that you cleaned and waxed your sled and there was no bady damage, then you took it into the dealer they put a track on and it came back with body damage. right? do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have pics of the sled before the damage. I have also been doing business with them for about 4 years for parts, oils, clothing and had never used their service before this.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Talk to the owner of the business, if he will not do anything, tell him that you will bring him to small claims court and see what his response is then. Be very polite and stand your ground on the damage being fresh. If you cleaned and waxed your sled before you brought it there and there is no wax in the cracks and the scuffing on the bellypan is fresh with some fine platic shavings that are obvious, take some really good pictures with a camera and take him to court. As for telling his insurance company about the damage that was done there, they are going to stand behind the dealer and take his word over yours. I work for a major insurance company. Just remember, be calm, polite and professional and you just might not have to go to court. But if you have to, so be it. Good luck!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Maydaze, I have been very polite so far. I do not care about the smaller body scratches and explained this to him nicely, but the spider crack is good size and you can feel it with hand it goes from 8" to 1" thru the decal, I have spent thousand of dollars at this place and this is how they treat their customers. When I called it was like the service guy was waiting for this call and spoke about things before I mentioned them funny isn't.

so I will stay cool for now, and if I hit the Mega Millions tonight I will launch it thru their showroom glass, then we will see who complaining about spider cracks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hah!! Wouldn't that be great. Hopefully they take care of you.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
167 Posts
id say by the sound of it there just hoping that you will just go away, or just figure its not so bad and youll just "live" with it, Dont !!!, if your sure that they did it, they didnt take care of your sled while it was in there care they are definitly responsable so be respectful but firm, you may have to take them to small claims, go to other dealers and see what it will cost at least (2) estaimates, so you are informed if ya gotta go to small claims, but if this dealer is reasonable they may just fix it, which is what they should have done in the first place! good luck, and let us know how you make out.

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
226 Posts
[purple]Being professional and polite is the first/best thing to do, next comes the pictures so you have before and after evidence. You may want to do some research with the BBB. I don't know if the insurance company is the way to go. Perhaps you could seek some legal advice. If you come to the table and demonstrate to these clowns that you've done your homework, they will probably opt for a cash settlement. . . . Just some thoughts, best of luck to you!
Kimba466[/purple][/size=3][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, my insurance agent called and their saying wasn't me. Looks like small claims courts. I was such a good customer, they ordered about $600 of stuff for without even putting a cent down. Yeah right I'll pick it up tomorrow, yea I come right down when hell freezes over.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
ask for more because of the pain in the ass there putting you through. Thats a load of BS. My dad had a boat moved once becuase he didn't have a car that could do it. He got it and it had a huge gash in the bottom. He didn't have any pictures or anything to prove it was them so, what can you do.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts