Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Polaris guys have any opinions or advice on Split Fire spark plugs for an XLT Tripple?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well, In my opinion i wouldnt waste my money on them. This takes me back to my theory of "if its that easy to add Power to the engine, dont ya think the MFG woulda' put it in there to begin with?" Igniting the air/fuel mix is still igniting the air fuel mix wether the spark plug electrode is in a "v" shape or the classic "l" shape. Essentially what they are advertising is a is a larger "kernal" or spark which you can do by making your spark plug gap larger, which obviously isnt going to make things any better. So IN MY OPINION i would say save your money.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i gotta say im with triumph on this one.....even tho im against him on the whole triple vs twin topic....haha....just messin with yah triumph..no hard feelings......

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree also, and i used to work at NAPA Auto Parts store. If they work as they claim, the difference is so minute that you wouldn't know the difference. If your thinking about how to fix a plug-fouling problem, then i suggest trying a different injector oil. You'll notice more of a difference in that, then anything you would with a spark plug.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I use the Bosch Platinum super V groove, with solid 18 carat gold tips. I SWEAR they are wortht the $125 US each I pay for them.
J/K

Just plain old BR8ES for me.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I always use the BR9's .Ive had the same set in the possesesd Ultra for three seasons. And they will probably stay in again this year. As for the Splitfirers, I had a 750SL polaris PWC and it was extremely hard to start. The splitfires were all the rage that year and I tried them. No noticable change in power. but the machine started much better.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
yes i have to agree with every one also ngk br9s do me just fine hade good luck with em i have used them expensive plugs before and dont notice a diference

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree the BR9es is fine for me. Haven't had a problem. One fouled but that was due to carbs. Anyway the Polaris dealer said they don't recommend the split fires but you know how the dealer can be. The plug I really wanted to put in was the BR9ev (v-groove). I know I have run then on a truck and car I previously owned and they were great. I can't figure how the v-groove is 6 bucks a plug though. Seems to me like they just put a notch in the electrode to get the additional surface area to gain the increased spark. My thought on the v-groove was more spark, better burn, better mileage and faster cold starting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts