Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I'm looking to get into racing. I haven't ever raced before and i was wondering about sponsors. how do you get them?.. and just everything about them. Thanx to everybody in advance!

·
Registered
699 Posts
well if your goin to race i would for sure get one if u arent the richest person cause just trail riden can get expensive let alone racing go for localy sponser around you like some snowmobile shops or hardware stores that kinda stuff before u go ask for say amsoil to sponser you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Start early like right now for next year. Most businesses are doing their budgets for next year and are doing their taxesnow too. They will be more apt to give up a little now when they don't have their budgets figured out compared to later.
Also don't go in askin for a million bucks. Ask for smaller amounts and get more sponsors if you have to. Never ask a potential sponsor "what can I get" or "what can you give me" but instead say to them "This is what I can do for you" Have a proposal drawn up to give to them and put lots of effort into it. Don't just slap something together.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by Wayne Jones
[br]Hey guys.. I'm looking to get into racing. I haven't ever raced before and i was wondering about sponsors. how do you get them?.. and just everything about them. Thanx to everybody in advance!
Ask Rocket to sponser you!!! lol [:D]

·
Registered
502 Posts
ahhhahahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry, my budget is already done for next year!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so far for all of your replies. I'll go around to a couple local places soon and i'll see what happens. At the races.. It alwayz seems like stud boy has a lot of sponsored racers.. how would i get them? and how do you get the bigger companies as well? Any and ALL advice is wanted!

·
Registered
502 Posts
As far as stud boy or even woody's, go to their website and they usually have information as to how to get on their programs. You won't get anyting big right away, but usually you can get some sort of discount.
Bigger companies are tough. They want to get as much exposure as possible and unless your Blair or Tucker, or as good as them then you have to work your way up to that before they will look at you. It's one of those start at the bottom and work your way up type of things.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you get some local sponsers to help you get started, sponsorship doenst have to be money, it could be parts or service or discounts, then you race this winter, get a little resume going, then this summer you can go to more places and say i did this and this I copeted against big name so and so and heres how I did, then you can tell them all the people you told about the other sponsors you have already and the potental new customers to them you could bring in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like a lot of other people said, start now. Create a resume to be able to send to potential sponsors. I'm an Amsoil dealer and am always looking to sponsor people that can help me advertise Amsoil products. My number one sponsor opportunity is free Amsoil products to the people I sponsor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts