Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading someone else's topic about bogging and I just remember how my sled was acting before I put it away. It was really weird, running at just about any speed it would just suddenly die down to almost killed then pick up and go for a while again. Every time I tryed to show some one it wouldn't do it. Should it be something to worry about? Thinking about it now, might be something in the gas? I don't know. Anyone ever heard of this? My sled is 98' Formula Z 670.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I had a similar problem on my Tcat when it was new. The problem I had was that the impulse line was kinked and it would run the carbs almost all the way out of gas and then pick back up again. Just my experience. Easy fix make sure the line isn't pinched or kinked. You should also check your fuel filter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Two years ago on my 680 Polaris I had that problem and I got the same answers gas or electrical or carbs but ended up it was my clutch for some reason it was gumming up and had to be cleaned so I rebuilt it also. is your problem as if your hiafaxs where stuck?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know what I was kinda think clutch also. I just ordered Aaen's clutch tuning handbook and plan on reading up on that and probably do some maintanence on the primary. Gosh I am itchin to do some tinkerin, to bad my sled is in my dad's shed 100 miles away from where I live now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts