Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of paint should I use to paint my springs or do I have to get it done somewhere?

JOE

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey man.....welcome,
The paint lasts longest if you have them powder coated or electrostatic painted, but if you don't mind touching them up every year then Tremclad or Rustoleum aerisol rust paint will work fine.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I woudl personally get them powdercoated. It really lasts and moves with the spring so it doesn't fall off. My dad used to drive truck for a powdercoating company and their main business was powdercoating springs for a company in New Jersey.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Twiz, hey your from New York right? There is a place about 30 minutes from where I live, in Schenectady, NY that powdercoats. Its called 'Powder Tech' and I have personally had many items done there. Outstanding job! I will get their phone number for you or you can call information and get it. Ship them your springs, they will sand blast them, powdercoat them just about any color you want and ship them back to you. Just for your info, when I was managing a body shop back in the early 90's I painted my springs with PPG automotive paint, added some flex additive and they lasted for 3 years with no problems. Then I sold the sled.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts