Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[8D]A friend picked up what he says is a 540 SRV Yamaha and is willing to help fix it up (the clutch seems to be broken) and give it to me for running around. This is a really nice gesture, but not to look in a gift horse's mouth, does anyone have any information on these snowmobiles. Will it be a nice loaner for visitors, short trips to the outhouse, etc. I have no idea about the year, any idea what clutch it uses (primary). I have not seen the machine as I won't be home till X-mas and my buddy is a mechanic but not a snowmobile mechanic. He is looking to find the year. Thanks for any information and suggestions. Cam

·
Registered
133 Posts
For the drive clutch use a comet 102c, I have one on a phazer and it works very well. That would make a great loaner sled btw. Engine should be very reliable once everything is all worked out.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My friend used to have 2 of them and they were great sleds. Before I had my sled that was what he always let me ride. Reliable with lots of power, they don't have the modern suspensions of todays sleds but will go the distance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also check out http://www.totallyamaha.com. Great forums there. . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1990 SRV and it is extremely reliable. Never broke down. My dad has owned it since 1991. They are pretty fast too. Mine does about 140 km/h. They look really nice too. they only weigh about 440 lbs which is nice. suspension isn't the greatest but i can't say yamaha has ever had the greatest suspension. It gets the job done. the only odd thing about them is they have a single carb. They still beat a phazer and are good reliable sleds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts