·
Registered
2,903 Posts
duck tape lol jk i have no idea. madcow might know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know th brand, i assumed they would all be about the same. Im just lookin for some good power without sacrificing reliability, what kind of hp numbers am i lookin at? Pros, cons,

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
You can gain anywhere from 10 to 100 hp.
Sounds to me like you had better study up on them a bit first so as to not melt down your motor out of not knowing what's up.

I'll give you this much though.
Go with a true wet system as they are much safer to your motor and stick with about a 20 shot or 30 AT MOST.
With a 30 shot, you are on the edge of needing to run race fuel.
NX brand is not cheep or easy to mount up, but is my favorite as it's probably the best quality system out there.

Dry systems are a joke and if they claim to be wet by pressurizing your float bowles, they are a joke too.
Neither of these jokes are very funny when you melt on the 3rd or so push of the button.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You live in the cayman islands and you want to put NOOOSSS on a sled?
but you don't know what a wet or dry system is??
i'm not real sure where you supposdly ride.
but i can tell that your a "special one" aren't you.
if you are actually being serious go read up on nitrous.
otherwise quit wasting a valued member of this forums time.

·
Registered
985 Posts
all right, makes a little more sense. i figured you one of the banned 11yr olds stirring stuff up.

a wet system uses a nozzle that sprays fuel as well as NO2(oxidizer) into your intake. this requires a fuel pump.

a dry system only injects the nitrous, it relys on you to jet extremely rich, so that you don't burn the motor down from a lean condition. this means that the sled can not be ridden normally.

the "wet" systems student driver was talking about that use bowl pressure, are not very reliable. but what they do is, when the Nitrous is activated, put pressure on the carb bowl vent esentially pushing the fuel pressure to very high levels.

there is one other semi-dry system which he didn't mention becuase you cannot put it on your sled. and that is on fuel injected sleds they can change the computer to one that when nitrous is activated, changes the fuel curves on the engine. so that the stock injectors supply the extra fuel required.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would a dial a jet kit be usefull for this? i can get one real cheap. I already have a vari flow setup though.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by hcaliber
[br]would a dial a jet kit be usefull for this? i can get one real cheap. I already have a vari flow setup though.
Good question actually, but it will not help.
You would still have to dial it in to a very rich condition and not be able to ride normally.
The idea behind a wet system is to let your engine run normally when not on the button.
And then only inject the extra fuel when you are on it.
The extra fuel creates a richer condition and thus keeps from getting so hot when on the button.

If you really want a nice system, call 208-343-2830 and tell them what machine you have and be ready to dump out around $700 or $800 in parts alone to do it right.
You can tell them I sent you, and they will hook you up with the propper system for your machine.
Follow the directions EXACTLY, don't go cheep on any of the parts, and only hit the button when you are at full throttle or you will probably melt down.

If you are not comfortable with the mount up,
do not attempt it, pay the 6 or 8 hours that your local shop charges to set up propperly.

Did I mention that nitrous is expensive to set up propperly?
It is, but it is also very fun to hit the button.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Sorry, I don't want to dissapoint you.
I just don't want to see you get stuck with a blown motor either.

I ran NX nitrous on my Mod sled, and I absolutely loved it.
Set up propperly on a 30 shot set, My exhaust temps would actually drop a little and the hit it gave was very solid.
When I'm a bit more out of warranty, I'm going to run it on this sled too. Nitrous is addictive and great fun.

I just want you to understand what you are doing to hopefully help guide you through it as safely as possible and also with your eyes open.

A better way to build power might be to run Either Bender Pipes, or PSI Pipes.
Both build really big power on those 700 triples when clutched, geared, and jetted to go with them.

Then you have big reliable power all the time.

Save juice for when you get used to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I whan to buy a new ski-doo what sould get. a 2000 xc 700 or a 1996 zrt 600

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
iit depends hopw much power u wnat the 700 is newer and more powderful and the 600 is older and less power and it is a triple i believe. so it depedns what u want i think it would obviusly be the 700 though cus its newer and has a bit more power

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]Sorry, I don't want to dissapoint you.
I just don't want to see you get stuck with a blown motor either.

I ran NX nitrous on my Mod sled, and I absolutely loved it.
Set up propperly on a 30 shot set, My exhaust temps would actually drop a little and the hit it gave was very solid.
When I'm a bit more out of warranty, I'm going to run it on this sled too. Nitrous is addictive and great fun.

I just want you to understand what you are doing to hopefully help guide you through it as safely as possible and also with your eyes open.

A better way to build power might be to run Either Bender Pipes, or PSI Pipes.
Both build really big power on those 700 triples when clutched, geared, and jetted to go with them.

Then you have big reliable power all the time.

Save juice for when you get used to that.
Don't believe that PSI ever made pipes for the SRX and also it is EXTREMELY rare to find aftermarket pipes that add HP on the SRX. We have run nitrous systems on SRX's before and we sell them aswell. I would not go to far with the nitrous on these sleds as the cranks get a little iffy after the 200 HP range. We ran a 75 shot on our srx and that was as far as we were willing to push it. As for the pipes though, I just tested out some Power Inc pipes and they are one of the VERY few that make HP on the SRX. No aftermarket pipes are going to make EXTREME HP changes with the SRX. Here is a pic of the kit we installed on a SRX.

[attachment=55276]

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts