Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its all everyone talks about but i wouldnt bother you if i could find definite answeres on what is envolved in changing srx suspension over to the viper setup with viper parts. im wondering if there is a write up on doing it somewhere, or someone who has done it that can get me started. thanks a ton

i have an 02 srx7

·
Registered
543 Posts
To do this conversion, you obviously need the two viper shocks. You will also need to grab yourself some viper limiter straps, and lastly, you are going to need to extend your stock transfer rods by about 1/2". This covers what is necessary for the conversion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have a set of viper front shocks. i had read were people said that they make your sled sit too high up front? it will reduce cornering stability.... they are about 4" longer than stock. do i need to make a special mount? do guys run viper shocks up front or are we just talking rear only?

also i read that the limiting straps on my sled are the same as the ones on a viper.

so swap the rears with viper rears...buy longer transfer rods, and thats it? how much more suspension will this add.

noone has done a write up yet?

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.