Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm relatively new to this sport and need a little help. Wife has a 2000 srx and while riding the back end darts to the left pretty harshly. After reading quite a bit on this site, I am thinking the bearings in the idler wheels need replaced. I asked her if she knew when they were replaced last and she said no. Her ex did the maintenance on the sled, that was at least three years ago if he ever did it.

Read a couple posts that suggest putting the sled on it's side to pull the suspension out for easy access, is this really the best way?

Any suggestions on where to order the bearings? We live in Columbus Ohio" so we don't have a dealer or powersports store close enough for me to just drive in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
368 Posts
i would first loosen up the track and check to see if in fact there is a problem with the idler bearings on the rear axle. with no track tension, it will be obvious. i would pay more attention to the front w-arm and associated bushings as well as track alignment. as for parts, mail order seems to be the ticket these days and yamahasportsplaza.com, yamahaparts.com or any other online sources are a good place to start. i for one do not subscribe to the out the side on its side theory of skid removal. i use other methods.

·
Registered
632 Posts
use the bumper and a come-along or evena ratchet strap to lift the rear of the sled, and a tranny jack to support the skid if need be.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Snow-mobil-Yamaha-Bearing-Idler-Wheel-6004-RS-6004RS-/130182823981?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e4f80402d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts