Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a ss rumble pack for my zr 600 for christmas. and something has gone wrong with it about a couple days ago. it seems like power loss and it doesnt sound the way it did about a couple weeks ago. one day i was just riding it and this happened so let me know if you got anything or any suggestions out there for me.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Don't think that is your rumble pack unless something is clogging it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well you see its never done this when i had my stock can on. would you think it would need to warm up a little? because i let it warm up for about 10 minutes once and it seemed better.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I still don't think its your can. The can is a pretty simple design. Really the only thing that can go wrong with it is get clogged, or get a nasty dent in it and restrict airflow. I'm guessing its a carb sled so you wouldn't need to remap it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ive tried and tried to figure it out. it started to do it right after i was at my friends house and went through his pond and the ice broke a little. and then thats when it started to do it. so i have NO idea what this is. but im going riding this weekend so mabey it will get better.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
OK that makes more sense now. I will bet you have water turned to ice in your carbs. I had this happen to my dads sled last weekend. I didn't want to run good for the first day about 20 miles. but after I stuck a heater on it over night thawed the ice out and run it through with the gas it ran much better.

Advise: Put it in a heated garage over night, i would also take your air box off and stick a small electric heater pointed at your carbs to melt the ice. then if your air box has ice/water in it clean it out. and run the sled in a heated garage for 10 Min's to send the water through.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forgot to pose that it doesnt start losing power until aroound 40 but still something isnt right. is it possible that it could be the gas filter and the higher the rpm its not getting the gas it needs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah but i dont think that much water got in it i mean the track wasnt really under water, i went through the ice right at the beginning and then got back on the ice so its not like it was all water.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Im not sure how the water got into my dads sled either but it did.

Yes it could be your fuel filter, or it could be your main jet is plugged. I would clean your carbs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Highly doubt it's your can. Put the stock can back on and see if it does it. Sounds like you have a carb issue.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
cleaning carbs might take a half hour. you will just need to take the bottom float bowl off. (4 fillip screws.) and then you will just need to take some carb cleaner and clean it out. spray into all the holes and make sure the exit some where. take the main jet out and make sure that is clean. there is a diagram on how to clean carbs on this site somewhere But im not sure. someone should chime in and show you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok i just put it in my garage and turned the heat on. so if that dont work i will probably just clean my carbs. somethings gotta give soon. anyone wanna send me that diagram?

·
Registered
116 Posts
It will take about 15 minutes per carb maybe, and you just take it apart remembering where everything goes then spray some carb cleaner and whipe it down. You can fit a small needle into the jets to clean them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
can someone send me the diagram in the before tomorrow at 10. need it by then goin upnorth and gunna prolly clean the carbs up there. would really help. thanks

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35843

these are flatside carbs, Im not sure if you have flatside or round, but you wont need to take the slides apart. the bowls are relatively close for both types.

·
Registered
109 Posts
you probably already looked at it, but there may be a chance you didn't have a proper seal of high temp. caulking which would allow for an extreme loss of back pressure. just an idea

·
Registered
104 Posts
i did a little water crossing with my 98 xc 700 and the same thing happened to me the next day.i also just put a rumble pack on my sled.i left it at my buddies heated shop for the night and put dry gas in it.today it ran like a champ.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts