Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris xcr 440. There is a bar that comes from under the roll pan and looks like it goes to the trailing arm but it is disconnected on both sides i am wondering what is it and what i need to reconnect it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That would be your torsion bar. As one ski trys to lift, the bar puts down pressure from the other side. Many mountain riders take them off for better side hilling. If your trail riding, I think you will find better cornering with it in place?
Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep its the torsion bar. Connects to the trailing arms, through the belly pan. There are 2 bushings that hold the bar in its place on both sides, they are attached with rivets. Then the bar just sits inside a slide that is inside the trailing arm.

I have circled the parts in Red that I am talking about.

[attachment=56935]

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of ya. Always great to receive help so fast, now i can get it together and back out in the snow!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
How do you get these out if you are to remove them? Mine are still in and for the riding I do I would like them out!

·
Registered
90 Posts
drill the rivets out that hold the bushings in on each side and then disconnect the upper and lower arm going to the ski. The sway bar should come out pretty easy then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where are the rivets that you are referring to? I didn't see any rivets holding the plastic slide in the trailing arm. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
there should be 3 rivets that hold the bushing in. The bushing is on the sled. not on the trail arm. Just following the swasy bar, from the trailing arm to the sled and you will see the bushing that you need to drill out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay, I get it. Thanks. I see that one of my bushings is broken - the bottom 1/3 is missing. Better pick up another one (plus rivets) at the dealer and install. I hear you need to drill out the bushing to get it to slide up the sway bar. And that putting the rivets back in can be a chore. Or is this not the case?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts