Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an electric starter??? is there a kit or do I need to buy the pieces and assemble???

on a scale of 1(easy)-5(hard), where does this job rank?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have never installed a ES, but you can buy the kit from ski doo. There are often kits for sale on Ebay as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been looking for the same kit for a 90 Safari. do the starters just bolt onto the motor mounts on all of these sleds? Do the mounts come preset-up from the factory? I've found one place in Wisconsin that sells a kit. I'll look for it again tonite and post the link here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Took a look at the sled today with a light. It looks like there are four mounting holes at the bottom of the engine for a starter to bolt onto. On the back of the primary there are also threaded holes for the ring gear to mount too. Where can I find a copy of the wiring needed to get a starter in?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Wiring diagram would come with the kit. Other than that you'd ned a ski-doo shop manual to get a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed an electric start an a Skandic 1997 380.
Instructions say about 2.5 hours. I took about 5 hours.
N.B. First thing get a complete kit off ebay and if you deciede to install: go to your dealer to have your drive pulley removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts