Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2005 550 Trail Touring sled. Having trouble with starting it now. Sometimes when I turn the key nothing happens. Sometimes it tries to start, sometimes I get a quick "click" then nothing. If it does start it idles low and the lights are very dim then it will stop. I've had a hard time pull starting. The carbs have been cleaned and new battery. Volt meter shows 11.9 V. I don't think the sled is charging the battery...at least that's what it seems like. Was wondering if there may be a need to change the circuit breaker or the magnetic switch?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
It must not be charging. When it won't start next time, boost it and see if the starter runs properly. sounds like your battery isn't producing enough juice to run the starter.

I have that same sled and I have been through three batts already

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling it's not. But why? It was even hard to pull sart and now the F$%## pull start rope broke!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Wow bummer..

While you have the recoil off to change the rope, pull the carbs off and clean them again, sounds like they're not clean and that's why the starting problem in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts