Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres one for ya. I got to try my sled out for the first time today. Well anyways i went for a little ride. I got back shut it off and let it sit for about an hour. Then when i came back out to start it again it wouldn`t start. We pulled for a half hour trying to get it to run. I changed the plugs, put a hotter plug in. Whats wrong? I eventually got it started. Its really pissing me off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!It still won`t fucking start! I don`t know what the hell it is and its getting to the point where i want to sell that damn thing! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!!Sorry about the words but if you were me you would say the exact thing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
next time you try to start it , take the plugs out first and yank it around 5 times. Put dry plugs in it and pull 5 times ,if it does'nt start take the plugs out and see if their still dry. if they're dry your not choked enough. check the cables. if they're wet ,try the whole thing over again but don't choke it. Let me know!
P.S. the sled Gods don't like being cursed

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
268 Posts
The worst thing a 'smart' dealer would do is put a new carburetor in it. Let's hope they dont go that far...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sounds to me like it would just be float level too high or the needle and seat might be 'leaking' down and letting a little fuel by. Do you have a fuel shut off valve? next time you come to a stop shut the fuel valve off and see if that stops the flow of fuel after you've stopped. <-- shot in the dark that doesn't cost anything.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To late i`ve already taken it to the shop(agian). The guy i took it to said that its smoething in the carbs. Well lets hope it doesn`t cost to much. This money is coming out of my NO2 savings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey punkrock114,
any word on your sled yet, mine is doing the same thing.
What type of sled do you have?
I am planning on taking my sled to the shop in Feb. sometime.
Let me know what the shop finds....
thanks and I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't cost a ski and a track (arm and a leg)!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha ha ski and a track. Never heard that one before. Well it think thats its either the jets,needle,float or just the crappy old gas. I have an xlt. I`ll let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts