Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
At first sorry my little poor english, I'm finnish and so english is not my native language.

So i started thinking select monitor. I's same device for Subaru and Polaris. For Subaru there is program for PC that substitutes Select Monitor device(Programs website here). First i build that TTL-RS232 adapter. It's fairly simple device. Then i started testing adapter with Subaru program with my RXL. Here you can find video where i use throttle lever and it change values on screen.
After that i was sure that it's posible to program that kind of software. So first i started writing software that makes just dump of specific address area of ECUs memory. With that program i was able to find TPS sensor values, but thats only what i was able to find. It's prety hard to find right address of memory, because there is about 300 address where is something data. And some values are more or less random and some are static. I do searching by one address at time. Read value manipulate sensors and see if value changes. Thats really slow work and if i find right address then i have to find how to convert it to real life number.

So that's where i need help from somebody who owns Select Monitor and some electrical knowledge and pc that can be get close to the sled and have serial port and of course Polaris RXL or 500 EFI. If you have all these and you will want to help creating Select Monitor for PC then take contact.

If i success with this project and program will start working it will be fully freeware. Then all you have to do is TTL-RS232 adapter and start measuring sensor values of your ECU.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Okay so you've developed a program to measure and potentially change the way the ECU on an RXL operates, but you need some help refining it? You should upgrade your sled to a CFI (Cleanfire Injection on the new fusions) and you'd be much more up to date, but it sounds interesting so good luck!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If he can read/write the firmware on the ECU, this setup can be refined and used on ANY sled. As long as the proper sensors are attached, etc.

I've thought about building a standalone fuel/ignition system based on the Bosch chip, but haven't gotten around to it. It's fairly inexpensive (probably $100 in parts) and with it, you can run anything from a lawnmower to a jet engine. Just write new fuel/ignition curves. They have input variable for like up to 50 different input sensors/etc and can turn things on/off depending on load, rpm, etc. Really cool stuff. I may have found a summer project...

Bryan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to say, but maybe i was little unspecific. That program can't write firmware. It can do only same thinks what select monitor can. It can read RAM area of ECU that contains values of all sensors and lot of else data. And it's even possible to write in this area, but these changes are gone when ECU reboots.

I have been thinging about upgrading to Megasquirt diy fuel injection system. It's also system that leaves you lot of posibilities.

Thanks for answers, hope we get lot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts