Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my edge when i go to start it it doesn fire after like 3 times with the choke on. then when i squeeze the thortle when starting it, away it goes. then after this it starts on the first pull. anybody know why this is?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
When start it helps to open the throttle a little. When I start my sled I pull the rope with my left arm and just as I pull the rope I crack open the throttle a little. This is done when starting the engine when its warm though. Ever sled Ive owned that had reed valves was like this.
When its cold I just put it on full choke, and it fires right up with 2 pulls.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea see when its warm i dont even have to crack the throtle it starts right up first pull only when i am first starting it when its cold i have to crack it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try this: Put Full choke, crack the throttle 3 times all the way, then pull and see if it starts. After any of the pulls if it spits at all go to half choke and pull til it starts, but it will probably start earlier.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
usually, when you squeeze the throttle its too start it when its flooded. maybe check the plugs (prolly not alot of help, but im dumbstruck)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now that i come to think of it i didnt have my key on the one time and i tired to start it with they key off , mabye it got flooded that way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts