·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tested my stator on my 1999 arctic cat zl 500 efi and here are results:

Brown to green: Should be 450 ohms. Mine is 424 ohms

Brown to black: Should be 490-500 ohms. Mine is 465 ohms

Green to black: Should be 45 ohms. Mine is 43 ohms

I tested the plug on stator with a multi meter like they said on the how to video on youtube.com

Do these test results say bad or good? Could this be reason it has to be held half throttle for ahwile till it slowly goes up in rpms and after riding ten miles kept dying until i let off throttle? Please help got fresh snow and want to ride.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
When ours went bad it just went, nothing nitceable when riding. Just wouldn't start back up after shutting it down. When we tested it, it was just dead, absolutly no readings. I would say yours is good for while, but maybe should keep an eye on it. Talk to Blaine, he is great with them Cat stators, took good care of us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing is I dont know if thats why my sled is acting up or not. Im trying to figure out whats going on and only thing I can think of is stator and how do I get ahold of Blaine?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Bobby18 said:
Only thing is I dont know if thats why my sled is acting up or not. Im trying to figure out whats going on and only thing I can think of is stator and how do I get ahold of Blaine?
Send a PM, I believe Blaine is his user name, let me check. Just thought of something, could be your TSS, especialy since you say it changes wether you let on or off. Take you bar pad off, and there should be a three prong plug going up to the kill, unplug it. If your kill doesn't work anymore then you have the right one. Now ride it and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure you have a way to shut the sled down. If you dont have a key to shut it off.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/119283-98-zr-600-efi-bog-problems

Read the 3rd post on this thread. If you still don't know for sure, send him a PM.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bobby18 said:
So I tested my stator on my 1999 arctic cat zl 500 efi and here are results:

Brown to green: Should be 450 ohms. Mine is 424 ohms

Brown to black: Should be 490-500 ohms. Mine is 465 ohms

Green to black: Should be 45 ohms. Mine is 43 ohms

I tested the plug on stator with a multi meter like they said on the how to video on youtube.com

Do these test results say bad or good? Could this be reason it has to be held half throttle for ahwile till it slowly goes up in rpms and after riding ten miles kept dying until i let off throttle? Please help got fresh snow and want to ride.
Even though the manual gives the specs/ranges for the stators I can tell you my experience is that any factory stator that measures under 440 or so is bad. Also, any factory stator that measures higher than 455 or so is also bad. That pretty much goes for the high side (45 ohm) coil also. Anything under 40 is bad and anything over 50 is also bad. Long story short; your low speed coil measuring 424 is bad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but I do know someone who can fix it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts