Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used two place snowmobile trailer. It is in great shape but ti is a bitch to tilt the trailer with two sleds on it and not much better when empty. The tongue slides up into a channel under the bed so I can't see how I could attach a lift of some sort to the tougue to keep it raised when unloaded. When empty, it take two peopls standing on the tail of thr trailer to keep it down. I have been thinking of building a ramp for the back of the trailer to get on and off the trailer.

Any sugestions???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try an OLD style GM bumper jack.from like in the 80's. it works great, I also use one to jack the rear of my sleds up to adjust the track...

ANY Junk yard should have it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why don't you try greasing the pivot points of the trailer. I have a single trailer that tilts and I do this every couple of seasons. By the way you may have to loosen off the bolts at the point of pivot - WD-40 will be required. Good Luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought a spring kit for my Northtrail 2 place last week for the same reason. The trailer was always dropping and you couldn't get it to stay tilted.It works excellent. It is a pair of torsion springs mounted to a 8 inch bolt through the pivot point. The top of the spring rests on the bottom of the channel and the lower portion inserts into a drilled hole in the tounge. You can see a picture at the northtrail site www.Northtrail.com under accessories to get an idea if this would work foryour trialer. It was 39.00 cdn at our local doo dealer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds interesting, I have the same problem.

But the link doesn't work. Is North trail the brand ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oops, the link for Northtrail trailers is www.northtrailtrailers.com.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lets try that again,

The Ski-doo dealer is Andrew Sports in St Thomas, the tel is 519-633-6767.

They knew exactly what I was looking for and had them in stock in the back.

The kit was 39.00 cdn, 2 springs, bolt, lock nut (thread lock type)washers and instructions. Took all of 20 minutes to take apart and install.

Works perfect. Trailer tilts easy with one hand and stays tilted. Without it was terrible. I had to put stuff on the tail kids, gas can etc. to keep it tilted and give it a good lift to get it started. Now it's so simple my 6 year old daughter can use it. She was my assistant and had to try it herself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts