Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I hooked up the steering wheel interface that I bought for my car. It took some time to take apart the dash and cnsole. I thought about the project to much and made more work out of it than I needed to. Now I know why most men don't read instructions. The instructions told me to use the green wire that comes out of the interface, but once I started to read more into it I thought that I should use the white wire. The green wire was supposed to be used on applications that put out twelve volts when you press each button and the white wire was for applications tha put out a different resistance each time a bottun is pushed. My steering put out a different resistance. I f**ked aroud for about two hours trying to figure out what I did wrong and got feed up with it and tried the green wire. Once I did that it worked great. That will learn me. It works great and I think that it was the best $75 I have spent on the car.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i take it you have a GM vehicle?? i know that most of us dont read instructions when i comes to stereos, but one valuable piece of equipment i bought to aid such projects is a volt/ohm meter, very useful it is,

but glad to hear all is working!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
instructions.....hell w/ em...do what u can w/o em, if it dont work, refer back

Give next year chance before we all give up...​

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy:
instructions.....hell w/ em...do what u can w/o em, if it dont work, refer back

[/quote]

ohh, you must mean the suggestions...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to think the same way till I looked at this thing. It had ten different wires connected to it and all you have to use is three on my car. It was made to be used on any car that has the steering wheel controls with and IR compatable cd deck.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I pefer to keep my manly hood..haha .... but ya, i know what you mean.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manly hood at the ripe old age of 16? You will be wise some day young grasshopper. You will see.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
haha..okay

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
haha, got my DSS card the other day, it has these instructions w/ real nice pictures etc... and even the station to go turn too to watch how it is done, i looked at the diriections and did as they said, then either of the cards worked.....so i unplugged and plugged back in and the old card worked again, tried to switch it the way it said, neither card worked again, unplug and plug back in, old card worked, so then i do it a different way, not followin the instructions at all, and it works......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts