Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright first post here, I got my first sled this summer its 96 xcr sp 600. When I got in the motor was just rebuilt, read up on the break-in and it ran awesome. Went for a ride yesterday and when I would come up to a stop I would here what I thought was a back fire but by the end I found the clutch would not release and kill the motor and would pop when it released. Sometimes when I would pull start it would jump forward and die. When stopping while breaking if I gave it throttle it would let go. On take off its vary jerky. On the clutch I can push it in a bit if I spin it 180 I can't budge it. Any thoughts would be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I get a clutch kit dose that come with everything I need or is that mainly just a different spring? Do they sell a rebuild kit?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
^^^ yep
But u can also try pulling off the front cover remove the spring and with scotch brite clean up the shaft and lightly clean the center hole on the cover and put 1 small drop of wd40 or equivalent on the shaft. It might work till u can get it rebuilt but is not permanent fix, btw the cover has to go back on the same way so mark it with a sharpie. Might get u thru 1 or 2 days of riding, I've done it b4.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that it looks dirty where it slides in and out ill do the same. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been a while but after cleaning it up I found one one the rollers wore a grove in one of the weights looks like a ski jump. I picked up a new clutch the old one had a blue spring the new has a gold. I know its different spring rate but what is the real difference top speed, acceleration?

·
Registered
384 Posts
benson03 said:
It's been a while but after cleaning it up I found one one the rollers wore a grove in one of the weights looks like a ski jump. I picked up a new clutch the old one had a blue spring the new has a gold. I know its different spring rate but what is the real difference top speed, acceleration?
A gold will probably bump up your engagement, Not sure on top speed but you acceleration will change. What weights are in it? Stock secondary?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iam not sure what this one has the guy said it was off his 650. It's hard to tell how it made a difference I got a new belt so trying to take it easy but when puttsing around as soon as it hits 5000 it takes off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts