Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[?]I am at a loss, I still cannot get one cylinder to fire on my a/c jag 300. It yhas one carb, good fuel, good spark, new plugs, good compression and good fuel flow. I am getting ready to fill it with C-4 and get it to fire one last time as it is shooting to the moon[}:)]! HELP

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know what you can do fill it with C-4 and get it to fire one last time as it is shooting to the moon! HELP

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
After you've pulled her over, is the dead side piston wet with fuel?
I'd still check the ignition, if there is good fuel and compression, it should go.
Have you tried spraying WD-40 in the dead pot...will it fire then?
If it does then spark isn't the prob...it's fuel related.
New fuel pump might be needed, or tank air vent hose might be plugged.
Let us know.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i'd say drop gas into the spark plug hole of the piston that isn't working ,, primed it and see if she wants to go ,, and if it don't ,, it's probably fuel related.
Like 500fasEnuf said , check your plugs ,they might be to wet

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ok if he puts gas into the head and still doesnt fire wouldnt that mean that its something other than a fuel problem?i might be worng

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
If he put alchohol in and pulls her and she doens't fire, then there is no spark...but he said there was good spark, so I don't know....maybe the spark is too weak, or there is a small hole in his piston, I'd have a look inside that pot if I were him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had the same problem once upon a time with an old kawi drifter. good spark, fuel, compression, one cylinder wouldn't go. It just so happens that while i was out on it a screw came apart on the cover and the washer got sucked into the base of the motor and wedged itself between the cylinder and the piston. Still had compression but with the cracked piston it wouldn't fire. i figured it out when i found small pieces of aluminun in the cylinder and the piston.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts