Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys Me again back with more Questions for you pros. I started my 1994 jag air cooled today and it ran just horrible it wont idle,or run I have cleaned the carb like 3 times now. today when it tried to run it for about 15 minutes The spark plugs didn't even get warm it almost acts like its not firing right, could this be a bad coil or CDI or any other thought what I can look at next.
Come on Guys I know you can figure this one out. Thanks any help would would be greatly appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
sounds to me like spark issues for sure. how does it start? if it starts bad pull the plugs and turn it over looking for spark

i guess it could be fuel issues as well. that would let it start but suffer when demand is higher
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98zr600le said:
sounds to me like spark issues for sure. how does it start? if it starts bad pull the plugs and turn it over looking for spark

i guess it could be fuel issues as well. that would let it start but suffer when demand is higher
On a choke start when its cold it starts in two pulls but it has no power
doesnt even have enough power to turn the track. or to engage the clutch.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Pull the choke plungers, clean them, adjust them to make sure they seat properly and don't let fuel by. If your case is fuel of fuel the fix won't immediately be apparent, it will have to run a while to burn off excess fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
Is one of the plugs still cold or just barely warm?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thundercat said:
Pull the choke plungers, clean them, adjust them to make sure they seat properly and don't let fuel by. If your case is fuel of fuel the fix won't immediately be apparent, it will have to run a while to burn off excess fuel.
Thundercat how do I adjust the choke?

OldCatRider said:
Is one of the plugs still cold or just barely warm?
One plug is warm on the threads and the other is pretty much cold.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top