Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the stock gearing is for a 01 edge x 600? mine is geared with a 23 on top and a 39 on the bottom. the po put a clutch kit in but never mentioned any gears. it topped out arond 100 on the spedo. the primary has a yellow spring and has 10 60 weights. i want more corner to corner power what would you guys suggest?

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
23/39 is stock.

If you want less top speed and more acceleration drop a tooth on the top gear. Or mess with clutching. I'm no expert in those departments.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
take a half gram off of each weight, see where that gets ya.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
SledHed89 said:
anyone know what the stock gearing is for a 01 edge x 600? mine is geared with a 23 on top and a 39 on the bottom. the po put a clutch kit in but never mentioned any gears. it topped out arond 100 on the spedo. the primary has a yellow spring and has 10 60 weights. i want more corner to corner power what would you guys suggest?
sounds like clutching is about right depending on what the secondary is looking like. I had 21/41 for gearing in my 01 EDGE X 600 along with yellow primary and 10-60 weights. It was quick yes, but i did a lot of fast ditch riding and those taller gears seemed to pull a lot better in the upper range i rode in. It sure got up and went with those lower gears..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edgex600rider said:
SledHed89 said:
sounds like clutching is about right depending on what the secondary is looking like. I had 21/41 for gearing in my 01 EDGE X 600 along with yellow primary and 10-60 weights. It was quick yes, but i did a lot of fast ditch riding and those taller gears seemed to pull a lot better in the upper range i rode in. It sure got up and went with those lower gears..
how much did it affect your top speed?, and did u use the same chain?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
First of all dont take any weight off the weights. Balancing them would be ok, but those sleds are more than capable of pulling those 10-60 weights, and most any guy would say to run those weights. The sled was maxxed at about 85-90. It was quick to 75 and slowly climbed after that. And yes I used the same chain, and it worked fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts