Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Are you looking just for the main jets number? Mine are 260 mains for my elevation.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
While your at it you can check to make sure the e-clip is in the correct position and the air screw is to spec. Was this machine torn apart when you bought it? Or was it a running unit?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by wiguy05
[br]While your at it you can check to make sure the e-clip is in the correct position and the air screw is to spec. Was this machine torn apart when you bought it? Or was it a running unit?
It was running and has always had a low end bog, Somtimes it wont rev Past 7800. others it will go to the normal 8200. I just orderd a clutch kit so i am thourouly going to clean the clutchs.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would also consider replacing the spark plug wire ends; my 650 was doing exactly what you describe; I would be heading down the trail, no problems; next second, running on two cylinders, no RPM, different sound in the exhaust, running really rich. After doing a lot of carb cleaning and looking at clutches, replaced the wires and ends and the problem went away.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm pretty sure 7800 is the recommend OEM max rpm anyways? It could very well be a clutching issue thats causing a problem. I'd clean the carbs and then tear apart both clutches. There are tutorials here on the site to help you out. Sometimes a good clutch kit and a cleaning will really wake these motors up! BTW, what clutch kit did you order?

I'm currently running:
Primary: 10MB weights, Blue spring, fresh rebuild.
Secondary: New OEM buttons, T1 Helix (42-36-34) red spring in 2nd hole.
I have yet to test this setup though. And be advised I have triple pipes.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that crazy i forgot to mention i thought it might be spark plug caps too so i replaced those last week, so we'll see how that goes. And also I took apart my carbs and cleaned the crap out of them there was a little dirt in a couple of em. I also raised the needle to what a guy Triple650Indy told me it should be at stock 3 notches from the top, when i took it out it was only at 2. As for the clutch kit i orderd the EPI Trail kit. Hopfully after all this i will be able to pull the skis off the ground maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.