Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x673421927/Police-Man-teen-possessed-stolen-snowmobile

Good to hear someone got their sled recovered, although they didnt get a chance to ride after the last big snowfall.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Too bad the 16 year old will be lucky to get a slap on the wrist. The 21 year old however should see some jail time I'd think. With the sled valued at 3,500 it's gotta be felony theft. Nail em' to the wall!

·
Registered
567 Posts
they should nail everyone involved. gotta take responsibility for your actions. thats whats wrong with the justuce i think if your old enough to know better than you should be treated like an adult. being 16 he knows right from wrong

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
How you they feel if someone stole something of theirs that they worked hard to get. They were propably jealous that they didn't have a sled so they have the mentality(if I can't have it, niether can you) Nail them to the wall and throw the book at them. Force them to give the owner a couple grand for the ordeal, how much would a sled rental cost? Good to hear that it has been recovered but still a shame that it was stolen though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sledneck1978 said:
Too bad the 16 year old will be lucky to get a slap on the wrist. The 21 year old however should see some jail time I'd think. With the sled valued at 3,500 it's gotta be felony theft. Nail em' to the wall!
If im not mistaken, in NY once you hit 16 you can be tried as an adult, no youthful offender status. he will probably get probation at the least for a year.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
In NY at 16 you can be tried in court as an adult in violent crimes only, not stuff like this. The 16 year old will get his hand slapped.

Well shit, this is NY, the 21 year old will get his hand slapped too. Gotta be rape, drugs, DWI, or offend a politician, to get time here...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
either way he will sill end up on probation for at least a year.

1,792 Posts
1FastSPX97 said:
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x673421927/Police-Man-teen-possessed-stolen-snowmobile

Good to hear someone got their sled recovered, although they didnt get a chance to ride after the last big snowfall.

I say there would be a lot less crime if people were afraid of the punishment. [pierce]

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
In NY at 16 you can be tried in court as an adult in violent crimes only, not stuff like this. The 16 year old will get his hand slapped.

Well shit, this is NY, the 21 year old will get his hand slapped too. Gotta be rape, drugs, DWI, or offend a politician, to get time here...
And you get these people who argue that 16yo's don't know right from wrong. They know. They just think they'd never get caught. There are 14 yo's out stealing car after car, and do it until they're 18, then their records are sealed, so it's like they've never commited a crime in their lives.
[:(!]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
1FastSPX97 said:

[highlight=cyan]I say there would be a lot less crime if people were afraid of the punishment. [/highlight=cyan] [pierce]

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

And you get these people who argue that 16yo's don't know right from wrong. They know. They just think they'd never get caught. There are 14 yo's out stealing car after car, and do it until they're 18, then their records are sealed, so it's like they've never commited a crime in their lives.
[:(!]
AGREED. I have some good ideas for punishments, especially for kiddy touchers muhhahaha

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
^^^^Like nail their willy to a stump and push them off the backside?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, we could go on for days about punishments fitting the crimes, and then the lawyers would sue the municipalities, and we'd be in chaos...

To fix this problem, we need to start with the lawyers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
picman said:
Close! Clear out a 50x50 lot in the wilderness, i mean way out there, staple their jewels to a stump, smother them in old hamburger grease and other tasy things to meat eating wildlife, and leave them there. if they make it out alive hopefully they will be too scared to do it again.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
1FastSPX97 said:
picman said:
Close! Clear out a 50x50 lot in the wilderness, i mean way out there, staple their jewels to a stump, smother them in old hamburger grease and other tasy things to meat eating wildlife, and leave them there. if they make it out alive hopefully they will be too scared to do it again.

Like that idea too!![thumb]

And make sure it is by a big ol ant hill. Pour some honey on him and watch the ants drive him batty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts