Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i work at a printing factory, there's a guy i work with (about a 275 lb 25 year old) who claims he races for Polaris. he claims that he has a snowmobile pushing 600 hp, from a modified 350, and that it has chrome pipes coming through the hood. [:D] he then went on to tell me that "last night polaris dropped off my new 10 place triple axle trailer. it was free for me of course, but i had it appraised at $35,000" then he tells me that he had a $3,700 paint job, including a polaris written hugely in *LIME GREEN*(???) , and "team psycho racing". he claims to own 67 acres of sault ste. marie property in Michigan's UP, a large collection of clasic cars, including a 62 belair with the newly released GM 572 engine, a $10,000 paint job, hyrdos, and a system loud enough to blow out all his windows.
he claims polaris flies him out to all his races, and that next week they are sending him a new "competition drag sled pushing 1000 horsepower". and for those of you interested, he is apparently also being looked at by polaris for a job in their "research and redevelopment team". [:D][:D]
i'm trying to think of creative ways to call this guy's bluff, like making a Polaris letterhead, and sending him a professional looking letter asking him to stop impersonating a Polaris racing team member.
any ideas? [:)]

·
Registered
366 Posts
that is hilarious. All I can say is,YEAH RIGHT! lol I have run into people like that and I find it's not worth your time to try to proove them wrong. Just laugh to yourself and let them live in dream world. LOL that is just funny !

Rich

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
LMAO

That's great.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I do know some people that work for Polaris on new development projects. Let us have his name and we can check and see if Polaris does have any real intrest in this guy.
If any of what he says is true he must be a very talented guy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think the "authentic Polaris stationary" letter idea sounds great. It would work wonderful probly and get him to shut his yap. If not, you'd still know you got him somewhat whether he went on about it still or not.

"Dear _______,

We would greatly appreciate and recommend that you stop telling falsehoods about being so involved with Polaris and our racing program. You sir, are an idiot.

Sincerely,
The owners"

Yea, something to that effect would be nice...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
hey hey dont be makign fun of him im testing that 1000hp drag sled too.151 track with 10 foot wheelie bars[;)]

·
Registered
581 Posts
omg thats retarded if u get the polaris spotlight newsletter take the letterhead off that and use it for an email or u could contact polaris themsleves then it would be just halarious if they did it themselves

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
just fill him up with BS back, say u Ski Doo gave u a new 1000 HP snox sled er sumptin...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'm wondering what Polaris Racer or Polaris Race Dept would allow him to paint Polaris in BIG LIME GREEN lettering... I highly doubt any Polaris racer would use Arctic Cats colors on anything...

Try asking what he is running for a setup in the sled. Gearing Jetting, Cluth Springs, Helix... If he stumbles on his answers you got him. I am willing to bet he doesnt know what half the stuff is.

If his stereo system is really that loud ask him what decibal level he has hit. If he's got that kind of car and system he has most likely tried showing it. If his decibal level isnt over 140 he aint got nothin that some one hasnt done before. The lowrider truck i have right now had a system in it at one time that hit 145, the windshield flexed about an inch everytime the bass hit...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's Hillaroius. I want some of what he is smoking!! At 275 I seriously doubt that he is riding for them. Ask this guy for pictures or see where he lives - it would be hard to hide a ten place lime green trailer [:D]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thats a good one... I wonder if he has ever been on a sled? I wonder what kind of engine mods you have to do to get 600hp out of a 350 lol. Ask him which mods he did for me!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I like the part about a 10 place trailer. My sled is over 10' long as it stands now so 5 of them side by side and the trailer would be like 55' long. It would have to articulate in the middle to be legal. And it would cost a hell of lot more than $35,000. Cause you know it would have to be an enclosed trailer. It would be more like 100K.

Anyway the guys a moron. Fastest drag sled was a Yamaha V-Max 4 He keeps talking about bad 4 stroke car motors in sleds. why add all the weight. Ask him what his best E.T. was in 660, 1000 or even a 1/4 mile. World record was set last year at the winter nationals at like 8.52 or 8.56 can't remeber exactly and 152 or 156 MPH. I bet he can't even give you a clue how fast a drag sled should be.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
lol.....thats prtty funny

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first off. his name is Steve Murray, so that would be GREAT if you contacted polaris to see if they'd ever heard of him, and while you're at it, let them know how much he lies about racing for them, maybe they'd take it in their own hands and contact him, if so, i could get you his address.

The lime green lettering throws me for a loop too, he claims they also supply him with his racing outfits...in lime green of course :-/ perhaps he has polaris and arctic cat confused, and while he's at it..maybe he has horsepower and CC's confused :D

yes, by 350 i meant a chevy 350 "i just modified the intake a little.."
and yes, i have asked him to explain what mods he's had done to it, clutching, jetting etc, and what CC class he would be racing in :D, he says that he can't remember off the top of his head, and would have to go home to look at his owners manual...(lies!!!!)
and i have been to his house, its a hole in the wall, i asked if i could stop by to see the trailer, and he informed me he had taken it to his other house in Alma, about an hour away. i told him i was so enthused to see it that i would even drive us out there one day...but "oh i'm pretty busy this week."
:D

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep he's full of it. Any sledder who put that much work into a sled would know what's in his race sled. Not a chance you will find a polaris racer wearing lime green :) For that matter i dont know of a single guy that wears lime green unless they ride a Cat.

·
Registered
581 Posts
this guy is definetly full of it

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't know many cat riders who where lime green either. Personally I like the bright orange. :)
Just let him spew forth his crap and grin knowing he's full of shit.
It's like a guy I know who says he has a 57 Mustang. LOL everyone knows he's full of it, no explanation needed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts