Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

im thinking about buying this sled:

http://scooter.autodb.no/autodb/frame_search.wa2?AdItemId=1212489;Modified=1289763303;_cmd=similar

1050 watercraft engine. rmk 151" suspension, aluminum front end.

11000$ ( a brand new 800 is 26000$...)

how reliable is the 1050? hows the mpg on trail riding? what do you guys think about this sled ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Everything on that sled is custom built. The reliability of the sled depends on how well everything was put together. If your not too familiar with snowmobiles and engines and how to work on them yourself, i don't think this would be a great sled for you. If you have no issues working on sleds, I don't see any reason not to. With a sled that big, the gas mileage is going to be awful. My xc700 got about 9-10 MPG.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
THE_Norwegian said:
what do you guys think about this sled ?
I would never pay 11 grand for a 13 year old mod. Buy a new sled if you're seriously gonna spend that kinda dough.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
1050 will drink gas, 5 to 7 mpg.. 151" track will push you straight on trails.

Much better sled, unless you're looking to be original...
http://scooter.autodb.no/autodb/search.wa2?_cmd=newest;AdItemId=1240458

·
Registered
208 Posts
looks good and is that like 1100 us dollar oram i wrong

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledfreak139 said:
Everything on that sled is custom built. The reliability of the sled depends on how well everything was put together. If your not too familiar with snowmobiles and engines and how to work on them yourself, i don't think this would be a great sled for you. If you have no issues working on sleds, I don't see any reason not to. With a sled that big, the gas mileage is going to be awful. My xc700 got about 9-10 MPG.
i do everything on my sleds except for crank work. so thats not a problem.

sledneck1978 said:
THE_Norwegian said:
what do you guys think about this sled ?
I would never pay 11 grand for a 13 year old mod. Buy a new sled if you're seriously gonna spend that kinda dough.
for 11 grand i get like a 2005-2006 600cc

Dustin_K said:
i would comment but i cant read any of the descriptions...
ill translate it later..

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
1050 will drink gas, 5 to 7 mpg.. 151" track will push you straight on trails.

Much better sled, unless you're looking to be original...
http://scooter.autodb.no/autodb/search.wa2?_cmd=newest;AdItemId=1240458
5 to 7, [:0] thats a bit much. i get around 8-9 mpg with my xcr now. im running a 1998 700twin..

but i dont do much trail-riding.

there are alot of different options, maybe a xcr 800 with low miles for half the price. but that storm would be bad ass [:D]

hardmikke6996 said:
looks good and is that like 1100 us dollar oram i wrong

11 000 us dollars ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thats a lot of dineros for that year of the sled but in my opinion, Id say go for something much newer and cheaper. You can buy a 1050cc far cheaper than 11k. Again, thats my opinion. Anyone? WL.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Thats way to high for that sled,unless thats what they go for around there. I would give $4000 for it maybe.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
THE_Norwegian said:
5 to 7, [:0] thats a bit much. i get around 8-9 mpg with my xcr now. im running a 1998 700twin..

but i dont do much trail-riding.

there are alot of different options, maybe a xcr 800 with low miles for half the price. but that storm would be bad ass [:D]
You asked what the mileage would be on the trail, that's why I answered that way...

The typical storm gets 10 to 11 on the trail. That will probably get 5 to 7 on the trail, 3 to 5 in the powder.

That storm would be an absolute blast!!! Just don't break anything, you gotta make your own replacement parts, not much stock there.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
You guys forget this guy is in Norway, stuff is crazy expensive out there.

There's two things I don't like about that sled.
1) It's going to be very heavy. The aggressive chassis is heavy to begin with, but that 1050 is a 700 and a half worth of engine.
2) It looks like it is using the big block mag housing, which means it is using the big block water and oil pump. The drive belt in that system is very small and prone to breaking. Those WC engines will break those belts easily and often. If you are really considering this sled then give UBR/Fastrax a call and see if you can get their billet mag housing that uses a 650 style water pump.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the answers[:)]

powersledder said:
You guys forget this guy is in Norway, stuff is crazy expensive out there.

There's two things I don't like about that sled.
1) It's going to be very heavy. The aggressive chassis is heavy to begin with, but that 1050 is a 700 and a half worth of engine.
2) It looks like it is using the big block mag housing, which means it is using the big block water and oil pump. The drive belt in that system is very small and prone to breaking. Those WC engines will break those belts easily and often. If you are really considering this sled then give UBR/Fastrax a call and see if you can get their billet mag housing that uses a 650 style water pump.

thanks, this is the type of info i was looking for. and yes EVERYTHING is expensive here.

but ive done some thinking, i cant afford the loan on the storm and pay for gas :p

i think this one looks nice, 3700 miles 136" track. much better for me ATM [:)]
http://scooter.autodb.no/autodb/view.wa2?_cmd=prospect;AdItemId=1071090;Modified=1268214565

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
READ HIS POST BEFORE YOU POST YOUR SELF. He said a new 800 is around $26,000. Stop saying its too high unless you know the market in Norway. That being said, the agressive chassis wasnt too great in the need stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts