Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my buddy just traded his ranger for a storm 750. anyone ever had one or have one? was 93 the only year they made the storm 750? any comments or opinions would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes, 1993 was the only year of the 750.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
^^ correct...

They're scary fast sleds, but if/when the motor goes, he will have a hard time finding replacement pistons. Fortunately, the storm 800 has the same bottom end with larger bore pistons, so all he needs to do is re-bore and nikasil plate the existing jugs, or replace them with 800 jugs, and then get 800 pistons, and he'll have an 800.

Also, have him scrounge up an xtra-10 skid and replace the existing xc-100 if it hasn't been done already, it'll make it a lot more enjoyable sled!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Everything UOPK said and some. Ive got a 750 im currently putting a complete extra 10 in front to back. As it sat with DG pipes and tripple stingers, clutch kit from Madcow and rest of motor stock, i had no problem running down f7s zr8s and zr6s in 660, then it was indy tail light for those idiots. The tripple is wicked fast and has long long legs. But its a heavy bitch, so dont stick it in the ditch that sucked hahaha. Enjoy, i love my 750 :))

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. im sure this will be one of my summer projects this year. he's not much for turning wrenches so i'll be helping him out with it. be fun to see how the storm and my 650 match up this winter too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ive got a RXL Touring and its clutched,geared and Aaen piped. Got a custom chip from the builder,the Storm tears its ass up. If i could get my Storm to hook up right away, the Artic Rats that i ride with, wouldnt be gettn me to 660, its a beast with a fat man(290) on her. You both have Poo that are near to my heart.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got into poos this year.didn't get a chance to really open the 650 up cause there wasn't much snow when i got it going. I got the 1990 650 carb. nothing done to it yet but thats another summer project i'll be working on. gonna try and lighten the pig up some clutch gear and maybe pipes if i can find a set for cheap. I'm a delivery driver for pizza hut so kind of a low budget for me. also have a 91 indy 400 chassis with a 98 xlt 600 dropped in. that thing rips pretty good but needs a little work here and there. gonna be a fun year this year.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The Storms will tear up any smaller motored sled that doesn't have a lot of mods done to it.

Time, after time, after time, after...

This is why I stuffed the 800 triple/triple into an XLT/SP chassis when I totalled the Storm Chassis, and shed about 40 lbs chassis weight in the process. (see my Avatar pic and tag-line) You wanna talk scary fast? Wait till I get it ported, custom-piped and re-clutched..

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
blacktar08 said:
I just got into poos this year.didn't get a chance to really open the 650 up cause there wasn't much snow when i got it going. I got the 1990 650 carb. nothing done to it yet but thats another summer project i'll be working on. gonna try and lighten the pig up some clutch gear and maybe pipes if i can find a set for cheap. I'm a delivery driver [highlight=yellow]for pizza hut[/highlight=yellow] so kind of a low budget for me. also have a 91 indy 400 chassis with a 98 xlt 600 dropped in. that thing rips pretty good but needs a little work here and there. gonna be a fun year this year.
I guess I know where to get my next pie from.[thumb]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for sure willie just ask for justin. i work tonight too. 5-11. i'm sure you've seen me tearing around town in the cougar.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Once i get the suspension upgrades to storm and rxl, im going extra 10 front and rear on storm, then on rxl im putting extra 12 front and rear. Im doing jugs and pipes on the storm. Im going with Aaen pipes and depending on price maybe them also for porting the jugs for aggresive trail. Still bang the ditches with her :), God willing i will be seeing ya'll up yonder this winter. Thats the plan, my girls will have new paint jobs. Have fun working on the Storm, i dont thnk its a pain, except for the hose routing, but thats life.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
BrianLee said:
Once i get the suspension upgrades to storm and rxl, im going extra 10 front and rear on storm, then on rxl im putting extra 12 front and rear. Im doing jugs and pipes on the storm. Im going with Aaen pipes and depending on price maybe them also for porting the jugs for aggresive trail. Still bang the ditches with her :), [highlight=yellow]God willing i will be seeing ya'll up yonder this winter.[/highlight=yellow] Thats the plan, my girls will have new paint jobs. Have fun working on the Storm, i dont thnk its a pain, except for the hose routing, but thats life.
Plan for the later part of January. Group ride Isabella!![thumb]

·
Registered
454 Posts
good deal, the only decission will be what sled to bring, the storm or the rxl, either way it will be a freakn blast!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah do i need to make "brownies" hahaha

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
No brownies before riding.... The chocolate stupor might dull the reflexes, never a good thing. [thumb]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Totally agreed, thats for after riding and for relaxation time. When the kids are off to bed and the adults start telln lies, like i flew that pig that far....i did 140 in 660ft...... ya'll know the lies/exagerations that were all guilty of. Oh UOPK im about a few pieces short of complete efi for the Storm. Next im getting the 800 jugs,"mic" them and by this winter hopefully ill be ready to "chip" the ecm. Front to back and top to bottom make over!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
BrianLee said:
and by this winter hopefully ill be ready to "chip" the ecm.
I'm currently building a prototype of the board that I'll be selling, just got the last of the parts in yesterday..

70 IC legs (one 14 pin chip, and two 28 pin chips) to solder down, and a couple other misc components and wires to connect. Times 3 units to put together. Then one unit goes to my software guy for coding/testing, one is for me to test with, and one is for a guy that wants to use it on a boat this summer...

WAHOO!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
busy already this year huh? i'd like to go efi on the 650 but i've heard nothing but bad things on those

·
Registered
454 Posts
Lil bro, ive had 0 problems with my RXL. I make sure my battery is always charged and the start the sled every week or two through out the summer. Come winter time she rippn an roarn. Good fuel an this year im changing fuel line while i got everything tore down. I like the efi, thats why im puttn it on the Storm. With carbs i jet for 0-3000ft. and 0to-15. I dont like changing jetting all the fuckn time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i hate messin with jetting myself. like the fact i dont have a battery and all that too tho cause the thing is heavy enough already as is.

·
Registered
454 Posts
your right about that, the storm and rxl and freakn pigs, but i love the trip/trip so i will stay with what i bought.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts