Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i want to say i know these questions are asked every week, but i searched and couldnt find my specifics.
i need to go through the clutches on my stock 97 storm and looking for a good aggressive trail set up.
sled does have stock gearing with reverse and i plan on keeping it that way, and do not want to pipe it due to noise, isnt a leagl problem in my area, just getting old.
thanks

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I was looking for the same info except for a 96, I posted a request over on AMSNOW and got some replies from some VERY reputable racers, the most notable is the current PRO STOCK 1000 champion Mike Baily (Wiseguy 92) on AMSNOW, take into consideration that I was requesting info for a setup that has a 300lb rider, but never the less there are some very good suggestions from these guys, they may help you get pointed in the right direction, here is the link to the thread over on AMSNOW:

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/74118.aspx

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, just read your amsnow post. some good info and all set ups are basically opinion, just looking for starting points and ill fine tune t my personal riding. gonna take a look to see what i have laying around that may be close to the set ups.
still looking for other set ups.
thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
22-40 gearing or as close as you can with your reverse.

i would leave the primary stock for now and look for a polaris silver blue or a blue orange secondary spring and something close to a 52-38 or 54-40 helix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts