Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally got all my stuff to do my xlt 800 triple build but now i found a 2002 pro x rolling chassis with a 144x2" track and walker evan shocks for 3grand. so now i cant make up my mind if i want to sell my xlt and get this pro x chassis and put the 800 in it or just stay with the same plan and build the xlt. any suggestions? how hard will it be to bolt the 800 triple into the edge chassis?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I still like the look and attitude of the Wedge body. With that in mind I would stick with the XLT build, and throw an X-12 front end on. I have thought for a while about starting a parts search for a similar project using a 95 or 96 XLT SP as a starting point and putting on a 144" off a switchback out back. Keep us up to date on your progress.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i agree with medic13.but it seems when you buy something no matter what it is you find something shortly after that you wish would have come up sooner!good luck with search

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its hard enough putting a 6, 7, or 800 twin ves motor in a pro x chassis..i would forget the idea of trying to put a triple in one. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Someone on this site was putting a triple in a prox. From what I remember it was quite abit of work, but deffiantally doable.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
pro-x not a doubt in my mind. think about it the pro-x has race shocks that can handle darn near any jump the xlt with a different suspension isnt as strong. go for the pro-x.+ using a 5 year old pro-x or a 11 year old wedge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts